The Drink

Sarada sat down at a cafe in Konoha with Cho-Cho, leasurly sipping on a pink drink. "This is pretty good," she commented, twisting the straw in her finger tips. "What is it?"

"You don't know," asked Cho-Cho, her eyes heart shaped. "It's the latest trend! All the girls are drinking it. They say if you drink it, you'll fall in love!"

Sarada immediatly spit the liquid out. "What?!" 

"I explained earlier, weren't you listening?" 

She had to admit, her mind had been preoccupied thinking about their latest mission. Cho-Cho's explanations could get drawn out at times... and this was one of those times. 

"I really didn't expect you to drink it," said Cho-Cho, sipping on her own. "So? Who's the lucky guy you're trying to fall in love with?"

She rolled her eyes. "Oh please. As if I have time to--" In that moment, she noticed a blonde idiot on the other side of the street waving with a giant grin. "Boruto?"

This time Cho-Cho spit out her drink. "Boruto?! I mean... I guess you are childhood friends and all, but like... ew? I mean, maybe he's not that bad..."

As Cho-Cho went on, Sarada felt clouds start to fog her brain. Great. 

The idiot in question wandered over to their table and sat down. "What are you guys doing?"

Sarada invoulentarily blushed and averted her eyes. She couldn't even look at him. What is this?!

"Hmm? Sarada? Something wrong?"

Cho-Cho watched, her inner matchmaker appearing. "Say, Boruto. You wouldn't happen to be free today, would you?"

"...Well I wouldn't say I'm busy. I was just wandering around looking for someone to hang out with. Mitsuki and Shikadai were busy doing other stuff, so I went to find Sarada, but... if you guys are hanging out together, I'll leave you alone."

"Now now," Cho-Cho said, her face resembling the cheshire cat, "There's this really good drink at this restaurant. I think you should try some." 

He looked over at the cup in front of Sarada, straw curled into a heart with a pink bubbly liquid inside. "You mean... that?"

"Yes, that!"

Boruto frowned. "I don't want to drink something girly and pink... Excuse me, miss!" He waved the waitress over. "Can I have a cola?"

After she took his order and dissapeared, Boruto propped his head up on his hand. "So? What's so good about that girly thing?"

"Well you see," replied Cho-Cho, "it just so happens that this drink can grant wishes."

"...Wishes? Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" He glanced at Sarada who seemed like she wasn't going to be a part of the conversation anytime soon. "You just have to drink some, right?" 

Cho-Cho's eyes sparkled. "Just one sip!" 

Boruto reached out his hand for Sarada's glass, but before he could touch it, she smaked it away. 

"Don't. Even think about it."

Cho-Cho tilted her head.

Sarada's heart was racing like crazy, but there was absolutely no way she was going to let him drink after her. Especially not after she had began feeling the side effects. Even if it drove her insane, she would surpress it. Even if it showed on her face, she could explain it away later. But for now, she needed to get away from him. 

"Cho-Cho," she announced, standing up, "I'm leaving. Here's the money for the drink."

But as soon as Sarada stood up, someone else caught her eye. Sumire was waiting tables inside. How had she not noticed before? Just as she was about to get up, it seemed as though Sumire noticed her. An unknown surge of anger and fear surged through Sarada's body, planting her right back in her seat. Ugh!