Chapter 10: Heart To Heart

Being unable to see was rather annoying. Even if Chuuya could get up, he wouldn't be able to go anywhere.
  He sighed, everything was dark.
  He was left to wonder how he would ever get anything done if his sight never returned. He thought that maybe, somehow, he could figure out how to sense things through his skill because it involved gravity... but it seemed unlikely.
  What would he do if he was blind forever?...
  "Looking so depressed isn't going to help," Dazai's languid voice rang across the room.
  Chuuya hadn't even heard him come in, "what do you want?"
  "Hey, now, that isn't how you should be speaking to your savior," Dazai's voice was now next to Chuuya.
  Chuuya could imagine just the smirk he was sure Dazai was expressing. "Oh, I'm so sorry, your highness," Chuuya painfully pulled himself into a sitting position.
  Chuuya heard Dazai's coat rustle as he sat down in the chair next to the bed. Kouyo had done her best to explain the layout of the room to Chuuya earlier.
  "So..." Dazai said slowly, "why did you use it and why did you not contact me beforehand?"
  Chuuya felt like he was being interrogated as he recognized that as the voice Dazai used when getting information out of people back when he was in the mafia.
  Chuuya sighed, "we needed to see if I could even control it a little bit, which, according to Mori, I sort of can."
  "So Mori put you up to it?"
  "No." Chuuya said firmly, "it was entirely my idea."
  "You said you could "sort of" control it?..." Dazai asked.
  Chuuya paused, "I don't remember anything but... I was trying to stay calm... and Mori said I was quite dosile until someone did something threatening..."
  "Why?" Dazai asked again, this time sounding a bit harsh.
  Chuuya held his mouth shut.
  "Why, Chuuya?" He asked again, his voice getting closer.
  Chuuya turned his head away, "it isn't your business."
  Dazai took both of Chuuya's hands and held them tightly, "yes, it is my business. You are my dog for life you know."
  Dazai would normally say something like that in a teasing way, but for some reason he didn't this time. He sounded serious.
  In Chuuya's silence, Dazai squeezed him tighter.
  Chuuya sighed, "I thought we were done with that..."
  "Last time I checked you aren't dead. So, no. We aren't." Dazai let go with one hand and poked Chuuya's nose.
  Chuuya frowned, "I still have no reason to tell you."
  Dazai giggled in an evil way, "then I guess I'll just have to tickle it out of you~"
  "Do NOT." Chuuya snapped, "I'm healing."
  Dazai let go of Chuuya's other hand and Chuuya got the impulse to run, "Dazai..."
  Dazai giggled again, "you better tell me~"
  Chuuya could practically see Dazai wiggling his fingers menacingly.
  "Okay, okay," Chuuya held his hands out, "I'll tell you."
  Dazai chuckled as he took Chuuya's hands again.
  Chuuya sighed, "Mori was telling me about the Armed Detective Agency's Chief and his skill..."
  "So you thought he could control corruption...?"
  Chuuya shrugged, "it's worth a try..."
  Dazai sighed as he squeezed Chuuya's hands a little tighter, "what made you think he would try?"
  "I don't know..." Chuuya grumbled, "it seemed worth a shot..."
  Chuuya felt Dazai's hair mingle with his as he felt pressure on his forehead.
  "Don't ever use that for such a stupid reason," Dazai whispered.
  Chuuya frowned, "whatever."
  "Please, Chuuya," Dazai said.
  For a split second Chuuya could have sworn he could see Dazai. Dazai's face was incredibly close to his and his eyes were closed... and he was smiling. Then it was gone, along with the feeling of Dazai touching him.
  Chuuya blinked confusedly.
  Dazai sighed, his voice coming from a foot or so away, "you should go to sleep, it's almost midnight."
  Chuuya folded his arms, "I have too much to think about."
  Dazai chuckled, "shall I keep you company then?"
  Chuuya grimaced, "if anything, you'll keep me awake more than my thoughts."
  "Aw," Dazai said, faking a hurt tone of voice, "Chuuya's so mean to meeee!"
  Chuuya sighed, "what are you even doing here?"
  Dazai laughed, "I just feel obligated. I am one of the few people who know about your problem."
  Chuuya shook his head, "it's my problem."
  "Well," Dazai exhaled as he placed his hands behind his head, "you're my problem."
  Chuuya sighed as he laid back down. There seemed to be no way to rid himself of the bandage-waster.