Senior Year

October 1st, 2008

Dear Diary,

I met a girl. I think she's a good one. You know, she reminds me of those beautiful actresses in those Hollywood movies. She's sexy, cute, funny, and smart all in one. I think this is the girl of my dreams. The rest of my life

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 years later. Now i know what your thinking," its quite a jump from one point to another". But for this story i would like you to just suspend your expectations. Now, first off, I would also like to apologize for my previous inner thoughts. Yes, corny and pathetic as they may have been, I was a young goofy freshman. But i digress.

Anyways, Senior year. The year that was to be a defining moment for all seniors. Not just socially, and athletically, but also academically. Colleges were right around the corner. I had garnished a very modest 3.8 Grade point average. So i found myself in a good position to choose a modest college to get a degree in life sciences. Marcus, didn't seem to care much about college or anything really. He seemed more preoccupied with hiding under the football field bleachers right after the cheerleaders had just finished their daily practice. I never did understand why he did that.

Anyways, college was gonna be a ticket out of High School and on to another life. I had thought maybe in a new atmosphere, where nobody knew who "fat ass" was, i would actually make a name for myself. Well at least a good name. Its all i could think about. That is until she walked in the door, that day, October 1st, at 1:15pm during biology.

She was the most beautiful angel i'd ever seen. Her lips were big, glossy, and pink. She wore this bright pink sweater jacket over a white shirt, long blue skinny jeans, pink puma sneakers, and her long (velvety smooth) black hair tied up in a pony tail behind her head. Her eyes were so crystal blue that when the light hit them i felt my heart drop.

She walked in with her books pressed to her chest with one arm and her purse on the other. She went up to Mr. Crandal the biology teacher and handed him her schedule. Mr. Crandal read it over for a moment, and handed it back, then he looked down my direction, toward the back center of the room and pointed towards me. My heart started beating. I was confused and panicked for a second. I turned my head around and looked over my shoulder only to notice the empty desk seat sitting right next to me. 

She began walking down the isle looking towards me, and suddenly i felt like someone turned up the heat to full blast. She slowly came up, sat down at the desk next to me, and placed her books neatly on the floor. I looked at her, and as she began to get comfortable, she looked over at me and smiled. Again i was panicky and didn't know what to do. So i just smiled back at her and looked away quickly. Mr. Crandal continued on with his lesson, although i honestly don't remember what it was. I was to love sick to notice.

But during Mr. Crandal speaking she kept looking over at me. I was trying not to notice but I couldn't help but look back. As I turned my head to her we locked eyes and she leaned in and said in a beautifully soft voice, "Hi, I'm Kristen". My heart definitely dropped into my stomach this time, cause i felt like it was on fire from the stomach acid, or maybe it was just my acid reflux acting up. Who knows. Well after she spoke I replied with a nervous voice, "I'm David".

Suddenly, her beautiful, perfectly soft skinned hand, reached out towards me with an open palm. I hesitated, then reached out and shook her hand. I could feel the electricity course through our skin as we made contact. I didn't want to let go, but before i knew it we had both shook and pulled our hands away.

The rest of the period i couldn't stop my heart from pumping so fast, or the sweat pouring down my face as i sat next to the most beautiful girl i'd ever seen. Finally after a hellish hour, the bell had finally rung and it was off to lunch. I grabbed my bag quickly and tossed it around my arm and stood up from my seat. I was ready to pile out the door when i heard, "Hey David". That beautiful voice rung out into the room.

I couldn't run away from her, she was just too perfect. So i slowly turned around to see Kristen standing to her feet with her books in her arm. She walked up to me and said, "You mind if I sit with you during lunch?"

Once again, a dilemma in which i was tempted to deny but could not out of the overwhelming feelings I was having. "Yeah of course" I said, with a smile on my face. She smiled back at me with those big beautiful pearly whites and we headed out the door.

She began walking next to me in close proximity. Holding her books closely with that big beautiful smile on her face. As we walked down the hall i felt the awkward silence fill up as i couldn't find the words or the right questions to converse with her. I was racking my brain as we took each step down the crowded hallway. My tall, round, awkward body walking next to her perfectly proptionate figure.

Before i knew it, i heard her voice utter out, "So you like it here? Is it a good school?". I felt a tremble and voicelessness. I turned my head to look down at her (cause I was taller than her) and felt like i was some sort of creepy Frankenstein, minus the loud grunting and the fear of fire. it was a strange minute of walking silently with no reply and me, the fat creepy Frankenstein, staring at her.

Finally i pushed out the words and said, "Yeah. its OK." I looked the other way with a distressed and angry look like, "oh my god are you kidding me? That's all you have to say".

Passing on through the crowd of students she just kept on smiling and replied, "That's cool. I didn't like my last high school much either"

I suddenly found myself surprised by her response. Not because she didn't like the school but because at the time It was (in my mind) the first thing we had in common. I looked over at her again with a slight smile on my face. She looked up at me with a perky little grin and chuckled.

~~~~~~

Sorry guys, i've been working on this, but i haven't quite finished it. I decided however to give you a taste of what's to come for David in the final chapters of this short story. Stay tuned, i will let all of you know when i have completed this chapter. Forgive the spelling errors and mistakes if you see them, this is an un-edited piece.