Back Home

We pull into the driveway of our new house and I undo my seatbelt and head towards the front door. When I walk in I notice a large ceiling fan. I explore a little longer while my twin brothers help bring things in complaining that," movers get payed to do this for a reason. "

After Awhile ive checked out all of the rooms.  Nothing really appeals to me though. I decided to explore a little farther and end up in the attic. It's completely empty aside from a built-in bookcase at the far end. It's perfect.

"Hunter! Where are you?!" I hear my tired sounding mom yelling at the top of her lungs.

"I'm in the attic Ma!" I yell in he direction of the doorway. A moment or two later she walks in.

" This is nice. You like it?"

" Yea. I'll go help the boys bring my things up here. "

"Ok"

I run downstairs and out the front door and nearly bump into a boy and a girl coming up on the porch. " Hello. May I help you?" I put on a polite grin.

" Im Skylar and this is my twin brother Tyler. But we really just like to be called Ty and Sky. We thought it would be a good idea to come and introduce ourselves. We live across the street right there. " she pointed her finger in the direction of a bright blue house just across the way.

I smiled " Im hunter, nice to meet both of you. Would you like to come in? We're trying to get settled at the moment so don't mind the mess. " I lead them into the living room just as my idiot brothers run past nearly knocking them over. I grab their collars before they can get too far. " Manners boys."

" Sorry Mom. " Trent replies sarcastically .

" Just say hi and apoligize you little snots. " I lean over and whisper in their ears.

" Sorry for our rude behavior. Im Brent and thats Trent. And who are you? " He grabs for Skylar's hand but she gently slips it out of his grip.

" Im Sky. " she smiles " And this is Ty." she nudges at his arm and he nods his head at my brothers. She shakes her head and pulls his ear plugs out. " Say hi. Dont act like you werent staring at her when she got out the car. "

" Hello. " he then turns to sky. " You happy?"

" Estatic. " she grins " Well thanks for inviting us in. What school are you gonna be going to? "

" Bayview I think its called. "

" That's where we go. We have to get going. But we'll see you at school. " i let them out the front door and turned to my brothers.

" Help me bring my things to my room. "

" Whatever. And Hunter... you almost had us with that whole mean big sister act. "

" Who was acting? " i asked throwing my arms over their shoulders. They know i love them.

Next morning

I woke up, showered , got dressed then went downstairs and found my mom and dad standing in the dining room talking and my brothers at the table eating breakfast. Im not really hungry so I just stole a few items off each of their plates.

" Good morning. Which one of you is taking me to school?"

" Neither. " she just smiled and drank her coffee.

" Uh ok? How am I getting to school then? "

" You can drive yourself . " she took another sip.

" But you two have to work today."