Chapter 9

I quickly rushed upstairs to change before racing down to the lab where everyone was gathered around Bree's capsule. Completely forgetting my trip to the future. I know I'd have to tell someone about it sooner or later. But the extent of my powers were getting insane. Who knows what else I can do, maybe more powers will come as I get older. I just hope I'd be able to control them all.

"Why is there an alarm blaring?" I yelled over the noise covering my ears because of how loud it was, and I didn't like loud sounds.

"It appears that Bree was exposed to some toxic chemicals when she went on her mission," Donald explained disappointed in his daughter.

"She was late and showed up without her mission suit. Apparently spending time with Owen was more important," Chase states upset that his sister jeapordised the mission. They didn't get the samples because she triggered the alarm on her way out. So they left quickly after that.

"I would want to spend time with the person I like over family too if I were her," I replied shrugging my shoulders, knowing she put herself in danger but she also just wanted to be a normal teen once and awhile. Sometimes Donald doesn't see that his super humans are also just human. Normality was good for them now and again.

"Oh so you're saying that you'd do actually what she did?" Donald questioned with a scrunched brow.

"Yeah, you know sometimes you forget that they are not just lab equipments but they're also human. Humans like spending time with the people they care about but also time away from them can be beneficial," I reminded him, hoping he didnt go to hard on her.

"Wow that was a beautiful speech Kay, but we still need to get an antidote made before her body shuts down," Leo states placing a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and the boys rushed off to get more samples of the chemical she was exposed to.

Donald began mixing things up so it could be ready for when they get back. Leo was asking to many questions so I began distracting him by telling him about my trip to the future. Leaving a few key points out, like the fact I was dating Chase.

"Man your powers keep getting more awesome. If only we knew how you got them," he says as another alarm came on, gaining our attention.

"They were captured. Kay come with me, and Leo make sure Bree don't leave her capsule," Donald says grabbing my arm and rushing off before I even had time to protest. I guess my self defence lessons are gonna come in handy now.

We rushed over to the wearhouse and Donald put on a cyber mask while I turned into a tall woman with long black hair, changing my voice. We walked into the room to see Adam and Chase tied to a poll. And Adam looked a bit disoriented, meaning something messed with his vision.

"It's alright boys, the boss sent us. We'll take these hooligans," I say making my presence known, getting their attention. Donald walked behind me, doing his best grimace.

"Who might you be?" A smaller man asked with a confused look. While the other ones seemed to be checking me out. Gross!

"They call me Taboo, because you don't want to get on my bad side," I state holding a resting bitch face which was really settling it. And things were going well, until Donald reset Adams chip and he saw that we were disquised. Then he punched Davenport causing his mask to turn off.

A man tried grabbing me, however I used his attack to my advantage and flipped him over my shoulder. Changing back into my self.

Everyone began fighting but as it turns out these goons were terrible at fighting. So we easily took them down, and raced from the room. Luckily the police heard the commotion and showed up. Arresting the terrible men for what they were doing. And just like that, I went on my first unplanned mission.

"I didn't know you could fight like that," Chase says as we made our way back into the lab with the samples.

"My parents taught me to fight, just in case I ever needed to get out of tricky situations," I explained eyes widening as we saw Bree sitting next to Leo. Out of her capsule.

"I tried keeping her here but its hard to watch over the fastest person alive," Leo says trying to explain himself. Of course he couldn't be at fault, as its not like he could stop Bree from super speeding.

Davenport mixed up the antidote and gave it to the suffering girl. Soon she was able to talk again. Saying she learned her lesson and would put a mission before her regular life. Then we all got up to get something to eat, however Bree flopped to the floor. We all grabbed a limb and carried her upstairs. Seeing as it would take awhile for the antidote to spread the the rest of her body. Hopefully she doesn't have to suffer for long....