II

The rain pours down on the Gloriville cafe in Musutafu, Japan. Despite the unfortunate weather, there still isn't a single table unoccupied. The three servers rush back and forth from table to table, taking orders and giving them food, the supervisor runs around making sure everything is in good shape and nobody is slacking off. In the kitchen, the owner, a short girl no older than fourteen, and the cook, a slightly taller girl with two giant black braids, work happily. Talking among each other as the heat from the stove hits their faces.

"I just don't understand why they give him such a hard time, Hawthy." The girl with h/c locks tell her friend. "His quirk is amazing with so many ways it could be used as a hero and Toshi-kun is so sweet." Her friend hums in happy agreement with her.

"Shinso-san is so much fun! Remember when he took us to play with the kitties?!" The innocence in her voice causes Y/n to smile softly.

"Yeah, I remember. Sanny forced his way out in the middle of the cat cafe and begged Puds a week to turn this into a cat cafe too." Hawthorne Ball laughs at the reminder before nodding.

"And then you agreed to a cat event for a week with his cats! Even Bonito Rice-sama was there, remember Master Attendant?!" another laugh leaves the girl's lips at her friend's enthusiasm.

"I remember, Hawthy, I remember." The pleasant atmosphere is broken as someone from the door cleans his voice.

"If you want to keep this up, we'll be out of business by next week." Eyes snap towards the entrance of the kitchen. His eyes pierce into Y/n's soul as she suddenly fears for her safety. The blond young man crosses his arms as he glares at her from behind his glasses. "Do not make me separate you from Hawthorne-chan." He almost reminds her of a strict teacher but Y/n knows far too well he puts every teacher to shame with how many times he put the fear of God into her. Y/n smiles hesitantly at the scrawny yet handsome young man.

"H... Hey Puddy! We're working, see!" She points at the pork loins being cooked in front of her, but Pudding barely spares it a glance.

"Then have you been paying attention to the clock at all? It's time for us to start closing up." Looking over at the clock on the wall, she realizes he is in fact right. Heat rushes into her cheeks as she laughs slightly.

"Oh! Whoops! Sorry Puds, I guess I got carried away." The young man just shakes his head at the girl, letting out a sigh. Walking over towards her, the slightly taller man's cold eyes stay on Y/n's form.

"Just get it done, unless you want to be here all night." With that he's gone, out the door. Hawthorne Ball sticks her tongue out, blowing a raspberry in the direction Pudding went off to.

"Pudding-kun so boring!" She whines out causing Y/n to roll her eyes slightly, a soft smile playing on her lips. "It's always work work work with him!" Hathorne gives a huff and crosses her arms.

"He means well, Hathy. He just wants what's best for us all." Y/n replies, before glancing back at the door. "Though for a Soul on the weaker end, he sure does know how to be intimidating as fuck sometimes." The other girl giggles at her words.

"That's only because he's chewed you out a million times!" Y/n rolls her eyes once more at the girl before starting to clean up.

"Whatever, lets just get this done before he whoops my butt again."

~~~

A small laugh sounds through the classroom, but was paid no attention to by the rest of the class. Y/n crosses her arms, her bottom lip in a slight pout at her friend's laughter. His wild and unkempt hair stands as straight as ever as he rests her head on his hand, looking towards her in amusement.