Alone Time (Without the Drama)

As the weeks went by, you and Papyrus got closer as boyfriend and girlfriend. Eventually Papyrus was able to finally take off his wing splint. He got to stretch his wings at least, though they recommended that he stay off his wings for a few more days to make sure it'll be healed. Which made you both nervous and excited. You were excited that he would be able to fly on his own, but he'd been the reason you'd been ok to fly despite your fear. You hadn't wanted to hurt him and now... well he could fly on his own. That made you... nervous. "kid?" Could you fly without Papyrus..? "i think we lost her to her imaginative horrors pap." You should be happy for him, why did you feel so scared? "I GOT THIS." Would you give up now, knowing that Papyrus knew you could fly? "[Y/N], come on!" Could you give up after all the hard work Papyrus put into breaking your fear? "It's just us now, Songbird." No. No you could not. "Snap out of it, Songbird, I know your scared but-"
"I'll be fine. I have you." You replied with a small, wavering smile.

🪶🪶🪶

Papyrus pulled you into a hug, your head resting on his chest. "You don't know if you'll be able to fly without me in your arms?" Papyrus guessed pretty much right on the spot. "That's the worry." You replied. "Or it was anyway. But you know what? Even if your not in my arms or I'm not in yours we will both still be there, flying. Together. So it's ok." Papyrus chuckled. "Figured that all out on your own, huh? I knew you'd get it." He kissed the top of your head. "Well, I had to choose nervousness or excitement, so I chose."
"Excitement? What for?" Papyrus inquired. "For you to fly on your own again, silly!" You booped his nasal cavity. He blinked a few times, as if startled. "N-Nyeh?" You blushed and averted your gaze. Too bold. Definitely too bold. "Aw, that was cute." Papyrus mused, hugging you closer. "I like this, I like you." Your blush darkened a tad, but you looked up at him with the same smile as earlier. "When you can fly again... we should fly just you and me.." You decided quietly. Papyrus paused, then nodded.

🪶🪶🪶

A few days later, early in the morning

"Now? As in right now while the rest of the world is sleeping and it's five in the morning now?" You questioned sleepily, having been woken up when Papyrus called. "Yes! That's exactly why now is the best time! It will be just me, you, and the stars. Not exactly the request you asked for, but I do believe it will be very beautiful, not as beautiful as you, but beautiful nonetheless." You contemplated Papyrus answer before caving in to his request. "Alright... I'll be there in ten minutes.." With a yawn, you got dressed for the (early) day, changing into something suitable for flight and brushed your hair, styling it so it wouldn't be in the way. Then you at a small breakfast, brushed your teeth and headed out feeling a little more awake after going through your morning routine. "GOOD MORNING!" Papyrus yelled out to you, making you cringe and jog the rest of the way over. "Shh, people are still sleeping." You grabbed his hand. "Let's go, Pap.." You both took to the skies, Papyrus coaxing you higher and higher until you you were both soaring side by side, wingtips brushing against each other and the ground long since forgotten.

1 chapter left