Everything You Need To Know About Obesity

Dr

Dr. Rakesh K. Srivastava

Dr. Rakesh K. Srivastava is an accomplished entrepreneur and is the CEO and President of GLAX Health LLC.

WILMINGTON, DELAWARE, UNITED STATES, August 27, 2022

— Dr. Rakesh K. Srivastava's Scientific Research

Obesity is a condition whereby the body stores excess fat under the skin. Individuals are also said to be obese when their body mass index exceeds 30. You can calculate your BMI by measuring your weight in kilograms and dividing the result by your height in meters squared. Obesity is a severe cosmetic and medical issue that could put you at risk of developing several lifestyle diseases if it goes unchecked. Stick around to learn more about obesity and Dr. Rakesh Srivastava's efforts to fight it.

Types of obesity

There are two main types of obesity.

General obesity

People with general obesity have excessive fat distributed all over their bodies. Fortunately, this type of obesity isn't as risky as central obesity. However, we can't ignore the cosmetic issue of being overweight and having excess fat under the skin.

Central obesity

Central obesity is characterized by excessive fat around your waistline or midsection. This visceral fat can result in severe health conditions such as heart disease or diabetes.

Causes of obesity

Here are the key factors that would cause you to develop obesity.

Consumption of a high-calorie diet

As the saying goes, you are what you eat. If you consume too many calories, the body will use whatever it needs and convert the excess into fat to store under the skin. Over time, the fat gets to obnoxious levels, leading to obesity.

Lack of physical activity

Exercise and physical activity such as cycling, walking, and jogging can help burn the excess calories in your body. Leading a more sedentary lifestyle can increase the likelihood of developing obesity because you are consuming more calories than you burn.

Genetics

You might have trouble losing weight because of your genes, especially if most of your family members are obese.

Negative effects

Obesity has a host of adverse effects, some of which we will discuss below.

Joint pains

Your heavy body weight could significantly strain joints such as your knees, leading to pain, inflammation, discomfort, or swelling.

Difficulty performing day-to-day tasks

When you are obese, mundane tasks such as walking up a flight of stairs become more cumbersome. You might need to take multiple breaks due to heavy panting.

Low self-esteem and self-image

Fat accumulation could prevent you from wearing certain clothes because you are self-conscious about your body. You might even shy away from swimming or outdoor activities that show a lot of skin.

Dr. Rakesh and the fight against obesity

According to Dr. Rakesh, parents should ensure their children eat enough proteins and fibers to cater to their growing needs and curb childhood obesity. The scholar also urges teens and adults struggling with severe obesity to consider bariatric surgery and seek conventional medical treatment to help them lead healthier lives. Lifestyle modification techniques such as physical activity and dieting will also go a long way in managing the condition before it gets worse.

has been researching on various subjects namely: Drug discovery and development, cancer therapy, prevention, diabetes, nutrition, stem cell, autophagy, non-coding RNA, nanotechnology, angiogenesis, metastasis, pharmacology, toxicology, biochemistry and has been instrumental in some of the most amazing breakthroughs in these respective fields. Dr. Rakesh Srivastava has dedicated his life and works towards the betterment of available medical know how in order to improve upon the existing set up in the field of medicine.

We hope this article has taught you everything you need to know about obesity and how to manage it. We advise you to avoid dieting, a short-term solution and instead work towards cultivating healthy habits.

Contact: Dr. Rakesh Srivastava

Email:

Rakesh Srivastava
GLAX, LLC
+1 302-463-7929