1.04 | homecoming disaster

I AM NOT A THREAT!

NOW

Things changed rapidly after their first football win of the season. As the team, led by Zed, continued to win, all the anti-zombie protocols were done away with. They even got rid of the fence keeping them separate and the metal detectors, as well as the basement classroom. Now, zombies were integrated into every class period and were even given lockers to keep their things in.

Zed was eating up all the attention, absolutely stoked to have so many people loving him for his talent. In fact, any lunch table with Zed was now the most sought-after table to sit at in the cafeteria, much to Bucky's annoyance. All his spotlight had been transferred to Zed and the other zombies, which had been his greatest fear when they were let into the school.

Carson loved the development. Now, Seabrook's reputation was even better, as it seemed like Zed would be leading them to a perfect season. A perfect football team and perfect cheer squad was all the town could ask for.

She found herself splitting her time equally between her constantly angry brother and her new zombie friends. Now, for instance, she was sitting with Bucky in the cafeteria, giving Zed the space to meet more people — and there were a lot of people that now wanted to meet him. Even Eliza was getting attention, currently having two different football players at her side, both with flirty expressions on their faces that had Carson snickering. She was hoping Eliza would turn them down in a way that was particularly embarrassing for them.

Her brother remained mostly quiet in his anger, but when Addison stood from her table next to them with clear intent to go talk to Zed, Bucky stood furiously, taking deep breaths. He marched after Addison and stopped her. With a heavy sigh, Carson got up to join him, not wanting Bucky to be too harsh on their cousin.

"You're either pro-cheerleader or pro-zombie. Decide now," Bucky said, finally giving Addison the ultimatum she'd been dreading.

Addison's smile dropped instantly. "Wait, what? You don't know how hard—"

"What's it gonna be?" Bucky asked, crossing his arms.

"Bu - but Carson—"

"Don't bring her into this. I'm dealing with Carson," he said sharply. Carson simply raised an eyebrow, not a fan of being brought into this conversation.

"I... I wanna be a cheerleader," Addison replied, her voice shaky. "That's all I ever wanted."

"Good," he said, smirking happily. Then he pulled Carson back to their table before she got any ideas of standing up for Addison.

To make things worse for the wig-wearing girl, Zed spotted her across the room and waved excitedly. "Hey, Addison!"

In response, she turned on her heel and fled the cafeteria entirely, tears in her eyes. Zed dropped his waving arm sadly, not going after this time.