⤜Chapter Twelve: Confessions⤛

You were still standing by the light switch near the front door, looking down at your feet. Woohyun was still on the first step of the stairs, looking at you while your tears ran down uncontrollably. After a good 5 minutes passed, you realized what you just said to him. You looked up and saw him looking right at you. You quickly wiped your tears away with the back of your hand.
"I...I'm sorry." You said, and turned back to the front door, opening it and walking out of the house. Woohyun was still processing what you said to him. He felt the urge to run after you. And, that's exactly what he did. The moment you walked out from the front gate, you felt the sky crying along with you. Your tears started running down your cheeks again.
"Aish, stupid me. Why did I even say that?" You scolded yourself, wiping your tears away.

You just kept walking. You wanted to be as far as possible from Woohyun. You were too embarrassed and heart broken to look at him. Meanwhile, Woohyun looked left and right to see where you have gone to. He chose a path and hoped to find you, so he could understand you. The low rumble of the sky could be heard and the tears of the sky can be felt. You didn't know what to do anymore. You wanted Woohyun to know that you liked him, but you understood you guys couldn't be together together.

"Yah! -------!"
You stopped as you heard someone called out your name. Then, you continued walking that same path.
"I told you to stop!"
You heard his voice again.
"Stop where you are. Don't come any closer." You told him, giving him the stop signal with your hand, but still not looking at him. You didn't have the courage to look at him. Woohyun looked at you, while the rain poured on you and him.
Woohyun slowly walked towards you. You can hear his footsteps.
"Please. Don't come any closer to me. Don't make this hard for me." You asked him. You knew the chances with him were low. You knew in his heart, he loved Eunji more than anytime. You were looking at the ground, drenched. Woohyun slowly walked in front of you. You saw his shoes, which caused you to cry even more.
You slowly looked up, meeting his eyes. You couldn't read him. You didn't know what he was thinking about.

"Why don't we divorce right now?" You asked him. "You can be with Eunji."
Woohyun still didn't say anything.
"Yah! Say something." You asked, hitting his chest. "Let me go, so you can be with Eunji."
"I don't want to be the one tying you. But why? Why does it hurt so much? " You cried right into his arms. The rain was still pouring, nonstop.

Before you could take any more step, Woohyun pulled you into his arms and locked his lips with yours. You were surprised. Your heart raced again. You felt butterflies in your stomach. It felt like the first time. You slowly closed your eyes and snaked your arms on top of his arms, holding him.

A minute passed, and Woohyun backed away, looking into your eyes. You were looking back at him, confused with his actions.
"I-I'm sorry, ------." Woohyun said, before leaving you there. You were still standing in the rain. You couldn't believe what had happened.

You woke the next morning, thinking about the night before. You touched your lips, looking at the ceiling. It was your first kiss. You were embarrassed and confused at the same time. You rolled over and got of bed. You quietly walked out of your room after you finished getting ready. You headed to the kitchen and started prepping for brunch. You went with a simple chicken and waffles recipe.

You knew there was no way to avoid him. Just as you were to call him to eat, Woohyun had already walked out of the house. You felt upset. That morning, you ate silently by yourself.

A few weeks had passed. Things were still the same. You were either working late at night and Woohyun was already in bed, or it would be the opposite. Woohyun was working late at night and you were in bed by the time he came. After the kiss, things seemed to be awkward between you two. On the other hand, you were happy that Woohyun knew how you felt about him. It had to be that way.
Another few weeks passed, and the two of you started talking to each other again, here and there. However, it was only very small talks. It never got back to the comfortable talks like before. To be honest, you missed that.