6- Dance Dance

"Zack, would you want to go to the dance with me? My dad actually is going to let me go."

"Yeah, no." He shook his head, "I don't do dances."

She linked her fingers together and begged, "Please, this way we have an excuse to hang out together." She smiled sweetly at him.

He stared at her a few minutes then nodded with a smile, "Fine, I'll go."

"Yay!" She grins, hugs him then kisses his cheek.

He chuckled as he hugged her back, "And anyways isn't the guy supposed to asked the girl? Not the other way around, usually that's the tradition anyways."

"Yeah, fuck tradition. I like to be different. And it's not technically a law that guys have to be the one to ask." She smirked.

"True, true." He smirked back, "So how's that going to work anyways? I thought your dad was strict when it came to you and boys? Like that day we hung out and you lied to him about hanging out with Zina instead."

"Yeah about that, I uh I used her as an excuse again." She bit her bottom lip.

"Seriously?! Of all girls why my sister?"

"Because it's easier that way Zack, because of the fact that she's your sister so she's closer to you than some random girl. And also in case you haven't noticed, I don't have a lot of friends anyways." She shrugs.

"Why is that anyways?"

"Less drama that way."

"True, well you should let Zina know this time, to give her a heads up."

"I already have, I ran into her this morning in the hallway and we talked about it. She's already planning on going anyways so it'll work out. She'll be surprised though, she didn't think I could get you to go."

"Well it's a good excuse to spend time with you." He smiles looks around making sure no staff members were in sight then pecks her lips. She smiles as she kisses him back, "But so you know, I may go to a small dance with you but prom is out of the question."

"Awe fine." She playfully frowned, "I doubt he'd let me go to that anyways. That's more major than a small dance. Plus if I'm going to spend that much money on something it's going to be something that will last a lifetime." She laughed softly.

"I agree." He laughed with her.

That Friday of the Dance

"So hey after the dance there's a small party, MPA is going to be playing a few songs there, want to come? Now's your chance to hear us."

"I don't know, I mean I would love to but I doubt my dad would like that. What time is the dance over?"

"Usually around 10."

She then smiled, "Actually count me in, I just have to make an appearance at home, to let him know I'm home. And he'll be passing out soon after that."

"Sounds awesome." He grinned.

Later that evening

"Here." Frank held a long box to Nova.

"What's this?" She smiles taking it from him.

"Open it and find out."

She raised an eyebrow as she sets the box down on the table then opens it, "Wow dad." She breaths out, "What's this for?" She pulls the dress out, it was a blue laced party dress that came down to her knees, "This is beautiful, but why? I was just going to wear jeans and a nice shirt."

"Because it's a dance, at dances girls are supposed to wear dresses not jeans and a shirt like a boy would. And I got these to go with it." He handed her a box which had a pair of black flats in them.

"Thank you dad." She grins.

"You're welcome, now go change before you're late."

She kissed his cheek then went and got changed. She came down and noticed Zina was there.

"Oh hey, I'm sorry I tried to be quick."

"It's okay, holy crap you're gorgeous, you really know how to dress up."

"She definitely does, your mother would be proud. In fact you're beautiful just like she was." Frank beamed.

"Thanks you guys." She blushed.

"So is it just you two?"

"Heading there yes, we'll meet up with some other girlfriends of ours there."

"No boyfriend?" He asked Zina.

Zina nods, "Oh I have one, but he's works over at the auto shop and wasn't sure if he could get off work in time."

"Oh that's a shame." Frank nods.

They said their goodbyes and left. Once Zina pulled away from the house Zacky sat up in the backseat.

"You look beautiful."

Nova jumped and looked at him, "Fucking hell Zachary! You scared the shit out of me. I thought you was meeting us there." She couldn't help but giggle with Zina.

"I'm sorry." He chuckled, "And I was but decided to catch a ride with you guys instead. Why do you think I was laying down? I knew if your dad seen me he probably wouldn't let you go. You look beautiful by the way."

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself." She smiles and they kiss.

"Ewe." Zina joked.

"Oh hush, not like you and Jake don't kiss." Zack smirked, referring to her boyfriend.

"But not in front of our family members." She stuck her tongue out at him playfully to which he flicked it lightly. "Hey don't make me pull this car over and make you walk."

"Okay mom!" He joked causing them all to laugh lightly.

Once they got there Zina went to her friends while Zack and Nova hung out with their friends.

Just then a slow jam came on so Nova dragged Zack to the dance floor.

"Do we have to?" He playfully whined.

"Hey there's no point in coming to a dance if we're not actually going to dance." She lightly tapped her finger on his nose.

"So uh there's a change of plans on the party and band thing. I can't stay until the dance is over. I found out they want to go earlier because the party starts like now. It's basically one for people who didn't want to come here."

"Well how about we leave after this song? I made an appearance, I'm fine with leaving if you want to. I know you really didn't want to come to this thing anyways." She shrugs.

"I knew there was a reason I was attracted to you." He grinned.