|| UNEXPECTED VISITOR ||

UNEXPECTED VISITOR
AUGUST 25 2022

The door of the Family Video suddenly opens revealing a curly haired girl with a light blue raincoat on walking in.

Steve notices her before Robin does as he get up from his seat quickly and rubs off any dirt on his uniform trying to look more presentable.

"Hello!!" he says cheerfully grabbing Robin's attention who throws her head back in annoyance at someone coming in right before they close.

Robin thinks to herself, "Really? 12 minutes before we close during a thunderstorm. She better be insanely hot for me to not be upset."

Robin then stands up as well pointing the remote at the TV hitting the big red button. The screen goes black as the audio cuts out as well as the video.

"Welcome to Family Video, we're like a family...how can I assist you today," Steve continues walking around the counter to approach the mysterious girl who hadn't taken her hood off yet. She was just standing there by the doorway.....menacingly.

"We also close in.....11 minutes now," Robin states bluntly as Steve turns back to her trying to give her the signal that he's trying to work his magic. Robin rolls her eyes as she taps her fingers on the counter awaiting the girls decision so she could quickly check her out.

As Steve turns back to face the light blue rain jacket, her hood swiftly comes off revealing the mysterious girl to be none other than Nancy Wheeler.

"Oh," says Steve straightening his back up. "Hi Nance."

At Nance, Robin's eyes jump up from the counter and towards the curly haired woman across the room.

"Hi Steve," says Nancy eyeing him with a smile. "So like a family huh?" Nancy gave him a funny look sarcastically making fun of Steve's moves.

Nancy then turns to Robin taking a couple of steps towards the girl behind the counter.

"Hi Robin," she says smiling and waving at her.

"Hey," Robin returns softly a slight blush creeping up on her cheeks. Turning quickly she doesn't want Nancy to notice her embarrassment and especially not Steve.

"Well, for sure hot enough to make me not upset for walking in right before we close," Robin thinks to herself trying to avoid Nancy's wanderous eyes. 

Trying to save herself from complete embarrassment, Nancy luckily turns away and looks towards the back part of the store towards all the various VHS tapes.

"Are those movies to rent?" asks Nancy to Steve while pointing towards the tapes.

"Yup, those are them," he responds outstreching his arms letting her know to lead the way. "I can help."

"Oh, I'm sure you've got a good taste in movies," says Nancy sarcastically smiling walking over towards the VHS tapes. Turning to Robin she smiles again letting  her know she's joking.

Robin can't help but smile at Nancy's cheekiness while she watches the two head towards the back of the store.

Realizing she has nothing to do now, she might as well start getting ready to pack up and close the store. Doing her daily tasks, Robin continues to listen to Steve and Nancy's conversation from afar with a slight hint of jealousy.

"So, any genre you're specifically looking for?" Steve asks.

"Ummm, not particularly. I need something to watch with Mike and the boys. I'm babysitting tonight and thought they might like a movie."

"Well, I know a great one that they'd like cause Dustin's probably told me about it a million times," says Steve. "Probably my favorite out of all of them."

"Oh for the love of God, please don't tell me he's gonna recommend the teddy bears," Robin thinks to herself.

Stopping what she was doing, Robin peers over to the two carefully listening to what Steve was going to say next.

"Revenge of the Jedi...you're gonna love it," says Steve. "They've got these teddy bears, seriously...pretty crazy what they come up with these days." He waves his hand in the air with a smile while leaning on the shelf of VHS tapes.

"Alright, Alright," says Robin from across the room. "Steve, get to the counter and finish putting away the collectables. First off, it was Return of the Jedi and not revenge...seriously I don't get how we....excuse me you got this job in the first place."

"Alright, one word off...I was pretty close," says Steve pressing his hand to his chest pretending to be hurt.

Nancy laughs at his reaction as Robin finally reaches the two.

"Yeah, and if Dustin ever heard that, he'd kill you for getting it wrong," says Robin casually not expecting to make Nancy laugh so hard.

Watching Nancy laugh at her joke mad Robin feel butterflies erupting all around her stomach.

"I wish I could make her laugh more," thinks Robin to herself as Steve's voice fills her ears one more time.

"Oh c'mon, Dustin would never kill his own mother," says Steve smiling walking away. Robin shakes her head as Nancy continues to laugh a little more.

"Just get those collectibles done so we can get out of here," says Robin one more time as Steve doesn't look back.

Putting his hand in the air he responds, "Aye Aye Captain!!"

"C'mon, I'll actually show you where the good movies are," says Robin with a bit more confidence and relaxation after hearing Nancy laugh at her joke.

***

author's note

Thanks again for reading, I think this was a decent enough segway to get them alone together.

Wow, I am really speedrunning through writing this. Obviously gonna have grammatical errors but I'll fix that.

And again thanks for reading, hope you enjoy.