⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ─⋆.*・ 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

FORGIVE ANDFORGET

FORGIVE AND
FORGET

━━━━.⋅ ⊰ 11 ⊱ ⋅.━━━━

AELIA looks up from her glass of champagne, smiling up at dion as he stands next to her, his hand around her waist. of course, since this is their first time displaying their affection so openly, everyone begins to whisper in the banquet hall. with his other hand, he pushes her hair away from her shoulder, kissing the mark in the crook of her neck that he had left there last night.

"the young miss of pherion of white is with... an agriche? of all people?"

"what a waste... she was such a beauty, too... but so are sylvia pedelian and roxanna agriche, all is not lost."

"goodness, aelia pherion is with dion agriche? what of her engagement with cassis pedelian?"

"didn't you hear? apparently, cassis pedelian is engaged to some other noble now."

laughing, aelia taps on the corner of dion's mouth with her finger. "don't frown," she says, "tonight is a special night, after all, my dear."

the doors of the hall swings open to reveal lant agriche, roxanna and jeremy behind him. the blonde spots dion and aelia; she frowns and stares at aelia who in turn smiles and waves at her. not long after that, there's nagging to be heard before the doors swing open once more, the head of gold veritium, noel veritium, walking in with his attendant.

"what an annoyance, really," dion mutters, glaring at noel as he glances over at aelia. the male quickly looks away, sinking to the ground afterwards when roxanna smiles at him.

aelia cranes her neck and stands on her tiptoes to place a chaste kiss on dion's jaw. "there's no need to worry about anything, dion. i'm yours, aren't i?" her lips linger on his skin before she looks away, her attention now on a nineteen year old boy she hadn't seen in three years.

"cassis pedelian!"

"oh," aelia says, standing properly now. "she's the maid from back then."

there's a young lady standing next to cassis, her red hair reminding her of luzak. though her eyes, the color reminding aelia of dandelions and the sun she so often paints recently, clearly giving away the fact that she does not belong to that family. she carries herself with elegance, though aelia can see that she feels uncomfortable in the room with the constant looks of hidden panic she sends cassis, who smiles and grabs the hand the redhead has on his arm. sylvia seems to notice and teases the two of them.

the young lady... she's quite beautiful. well, she always was.

"she was there when you held that tea party once," dion hums. "and then she was there three years ago as one of roxanna's maids. now, she's even here..."