Chapter 3: The Callback

"Babe, we literally just ran lines, we had coffee, some bread and ran lines. That's all." I said, placing sweats in the laundry basket.

"But you didn't even check with me, you just made the decision yourself."

"Ian, it's for my career, a decision doesn't need to be made about it. It's important."

I paced around my room, putting away the laundry I had just folded. I knew this fight was coming. Maybe Des was wrong and I should have told him that night Harry called.

"Do I not need to discuss transferring colleges for my masters with you then?" He said in a smug tone.

"Ian, what are you talking about? Obviously if it was the better choice for you I wouldn't stop you. I love you, I would support you."

Ian rolled his eyes at me and shook his head, "You don't get it."

"Explain it to me then."

I stopped pacing and sat on the bed next to him. His face was flushed red and it made his blue eyes pop out at me more. How could someone look so beautiful while making me so mad.

"You and Des worship him Mer! God forbid I come over on a day or night of a Harry album or music video drop. And now I have to deal with you possibly being his love interest in a movie. And running lines with him, alone." His voice was slightly raised.

"Babe. I don't even know him. I know Harry Styles the pop star. I don't know Harry Styles the person. For all I know, he's an asshole. I love his music and his art. But that's where it ends," I took a deep breath, "We can't do this for every future co-star I may have, baby."

He sighed and reached for my hand, taking in his, "I just love you." He looked at me and his face looked so soft. He looked at me with so much love in his eyes.

"And I love you."

He leaned in and kissed me softly, resting his forehead on mine.

"So I can cancel my tattoo appointments." He half smiled.

I giggled and kissed his nose, "I mean it would be sexy."

"Yeah?" he said, kissing me again.

"Yeah."

We both laughed and he kissed me again.

Ian finally went home at midnight and I walked into my room completely ready to just lay in bed. From Harry to arguing with Ian, I was exhausted. I clicked through my emails, resending the call back script to my printer, before changing into my big comfy sweater and some sweats. I grabbed the script and hopped into bed.

I reached over the side into my purse and got out my old script, a pen and a highlighter and ready to begin copying my notes more neatly onto my clean script. I smoothed out my old script and smiled at the notes. Almost as if he knew, my phone went off twice. I turned to grab my phone off the bedside dresser, and it was a text from Harry. Attached was an apple playlist titled "For M.". Followed by another text.

H: Sorry it's so late, but I needed some extra time on the assignment.

I smiled and responded quickly.

M: Sorry, late assignments receive a 10 point deduction.

H: Trust me I've earned it back in extra credit.

M: I'll be the judge of that. :)

H: Hopefully I'll receive my final grade by the end of the week?