the war almost here

“The war is almost here?” I asked making sure I was right, since I have been in this room, I have lost track of time, the only way I know I’m 14 is because Chris told me on my birthday that the war starts in one year. The war has always been planned to begin on my 15th birthday because the people who trained me said I would be ready by then. “Yes the war is almost here, pet, 2 mouths till you turn 15” Chris told me. Then went out the door shouting “be good”

I once again looked out the window and saw Chris walk over to a limo but before he got in he looked at the window and winked at me. I stuck my tongue out at him, saw him laugh to himself and get into the car then it drove off.  “I wonder where he goes to.” I think to myself. I can’t believe I’m almost 15 and I have only ever seen 3 rooms and a few hallways in my life. The training room, my old bedroom and the room I’m in now. Wow my life is depressing.

As I was looking out the window, there was a knock on the door. I looked at it and moved so I was under the bed just before the door opened. “He not in here, I guess he left already” someone said “dam we will have to get him on his way back, we have to talk about the plan to win this war” another voice replied and then the door shut. I got out from under the bed and looked out the window to see two males walking down the road in to a car. “Man that was close” I thought to myself.

After a very long time of doing nothing, Chris came into the room. “Who was in here?” he asked looking around. “I don’t know, I hid under the bed so they would not see me, it was two guys who wanted to talk to you about the war, that all I could tell from what they were saying to each other.” I told him while turning around to face him.

 Chris came over to me and grabbed the back of my top, then he pulled me over to the bed and shorten the chain so I could only get about 2 feet away from the bed far away from the window. I looked up at Chris “what the hell! I didn’t even do anything!” I shouted at him but then I saw his eyes for the first time since he came in the room they were glowing a deep blood red, “he hungry” I thought to myself “shut up! Before I suck you dry” he hissed at me. I closed my mouth fast, scared to even reply.

“I’m going out to eat, so you have to stay right here. If I see you have moved then you will be in loads of pain; got it?” Chris yelled at me. I nodded and sat at the corner between the bed and the wall. Chris petted my head and left the room. I started to think about how the war was going to start and what was going to happen, were the human ready for the war and why am I still alive when I have no use in this world anymore.

After some time Chris came back into the room. His eyes were no longer glowing and he seemed happy, which scared me. Chris came over to me, took the lead of me and picked me up hugging me. “Um what going on?” I asked. Chris just held me tighter “don’t worry, my little pet, vampires are going to win this war so you won’t have to die” he said “ok I’m lost, why are you keeping me alive and why are you HUGGING me?!” I replied.

Chris put me down and put the chain back on then he petted my head again “If vampires were going to lose this war then I would have had to kill you, but now the vampires have seen the power of the new weapon and it nothing compared to you so I will be able to keep you as my pet” Chris told me, I looked at him with tears in my eyes “I want to help!” I whispered and moved my head so I was looking down. Chris just laughed and laid down on his bed. “That’s not going to happen Vamp; you out of everybody should know that.”