Moving Back

" The movers will be done loading any minute, Hunter. Go get in the car. We're leaving shortly." My dad walks into what used to be my room. I really don't wanna leave here. I was doing just fine here. But my grandma is getting up in age and she can't take care of herself. We're moving back to be closer to her. I guess it can't be too bad being back home. I've been the new kid before. That's not the problem.

See there are two certain people I'm not exactly eager to see again. Possibly because they ruined my life. More than likely.

I know you wanna know what happened so I won't leave you on edge. Beware though, it's a story of complete and utter betrayal. Here goes.

In elementary I had this best friend. His name was Carter. We were so close. There was nothing about me he didn't know and vice versa. We were totally inseparable.

After awhile I developed a crush on him. I thought it was just a childish crush so naturally I said nothing. But years past, third grade and fourth grade then fifth grade and all I saw was him, undeniably.

In middle school me and Carter were still close but not as close. What happened? Puberty and popularity. With age comes puberty, with puberty comes looks most often. The girls were always on him. It went to his head. He became popular and started trying out for sports. He made the track team and the football team. Apparently hormonal teenage girls love football players and dudes who run track.

In seventh grade I met a girl named Autumn. She was the new girl and people picked on her. I befriended her and not long after we were best friends. I told her about Carter and she listened. I told her how we met. I told her how close we were and how popularity changed him.

I mean he still talked to me, and every now and then we'd hang out. But he was almost always busy.

Months past and Carter met Autumn. On the occation that he was actually free I invited her to hang out with us. It became a regular thing that she joined us whenever we did things.

In eighth grade Autumn encouraged me to tell him how I felt. So I did because there was no point in keeping it in. I made up my mind that I would tell him. Well.. I told him and I sorta wished I hadn't soon after.

He told me he didn't feel the same way about me. He said he loved me like a twin sister. And he didn't want to ruin that. He said he likes someone else and has for awhile.

I was understanding and didn't bitch about it. I took my loss and went with it. At least I told him right.

No. Because two days later I was at my locker and I looked up and saw them. He was walking with Autumn hand in hand. I wanted to cry. I couldn't believe what I saw. But I didn't cry. No, I walked right up to them, requested to see Autumn alone, and when we were out of his line of sight I did the only think I could do. The only thing my emotions let me do. I slapped her. Right across the face. Then left her in the bathroom holding her face.

When Carter asked where she was I said quite simply that she was probably applying makeup to her bruise at that point in time.

Needless to say she was pissed about what I had done and made it her mission to ruin my life. From making out with him in front of my face to putting bugs in my locker. Eventually my mom got tired of getting calls from my school informing her of fights I had had with Autumn.

She told me were moving and I couldn't be any happier. Soon we were long gone and I had no plans on going back soon. But here I am sitting in the back seat of my mom's car heading back to the place I once called home.

But if you think I'm going to let her ruin my life over again you're high. I told you it was a story of betrayal. But I'm about to write one of revenge.

Basically this is just telling what the story is about.