Chapter 1 🫶🏼

GIA'S POV

'Come on, Gia! It'll be fun!' My friends Olive, Lorelai and Thea were trying to get me to come with them to the out of bounds area of our boarding school, because that's so fun. Nobody's been in there since 1934, but it's Elmview Academy tradition for someone to throw a stone past the gates then run away. The tradition had started early 2013 by Celia Brailas in a game of truth or dare. I can handle throwing a stone, but there's no way I'm breaking in there. 'How is breaking into an out of bounds probably dangerous area which nobody has been in for over 50 years fun?!' I snapped back, annoyed that they kept pestering me with the request. Lorelai let out a heavy sigh then flopped onto the bottom bunk of her bed. 'Ok then, me, Olive and Thea will go without you after dinner. Have fun staying on your own tonight.' I frowned down at the floor, then stood up. 'Fine, I'll go! And it's not because exploring an abandoned wing of a school is fun.' I really didn't want to go, but I also didn't want to be bored alone so I just had to go. 'That's great,' Thea said, clasping her hands together. 'Let's go after dinner.'

The dinner bell went off just after 9PM. Everyone made their way down to the house and into the dining hall. Today's options were macaroni cheese, tomato soup or burger and fries. After careful thought, I decided to go with soup. I met Olive, who had skipped the line at table 12. 'What did you get?' she asked, blowing on her noodles.
'Soup' I replied. 'What's wrong? If it's about going to the abandoned wing, you don't have to go. I'll stay back with you.' I shook my head and took a bite of my soup. 'Nope, nothings wrong, I'm coming and you don't have to stay back.'

I had taken about 4 bites of soup when Thea and Lorelai came and sat down. 'Who's excited?!' Lorelai exclaimed, smiling like she had just won the lottery. I put a thumb up then looked back down at my soup. 'What's wrong Gi?' she asked, pushing her box of fries towards me. I took one, but before I could say anything, I saw Chad and Ryan walking towards our table. 'Ooooh I heard you guys are going to the haunted wing!' Ryan said, a little too loudly, causing people around us to turn around. Olive rolled her eyes as Lorelai shushed him. 'Shut up, shut up! You're so loud!' she spat. 'What's wrong?!' Chad snickered. 'You don't wanna get caught?' Ryan cackled and reached out for a high five. 'Rebellious,' Olive said through her teeth, unamused. 'You know, olive me and Ryan could easily go tell the year head who will probably pass this onto the head teacher and you'd all get expelled. So, if i were you i wouldn't be so witty.' Olive just glared at him and went back to eating her food. 'So I take it you're gonna blackmail us,' I said. 'What do we need to do?'
'Hmm' replied Chad, a smirk plastered onto his face as he turned to Ryan, who wore an identical smirk.