Introduction

Thank you for looking at Re Ply

Thank you for looking at Re Ply. It is a collection of tales from family and friends going back to 1890 in the uk, and coming through the First and Second World Wars.

I have been amazed to see over the last few months that Re Ply has been read in over 90 countries. I had no idea when the book was featured that this kind of thing was possible. It is quite overwhelming. I can't thank you all enough for giving your time to read and leave such kind comments.

I am making a sound track to go with the stories. You can pull up a chair, imagine the fire, pour the tea and listen, as I used to do (although being a girl I was mainly expected to sit on the floor, but that, well that actually is another story, maybe for volume 2).

For now, I will leave you and hope that you enjoy reading on through the lives of people I have known well and loved dearly (yes, when you get there, even Ella). I hope you find their love and strength an inspiration, as I always have.

Where there is love, there is strength.

This is what I wish for you.

__________________

The rose is from wedding flowers that decorated the gates at a little church in the north of England

The rose is from wedding flowers that decorated the gates at a little church in the north of England. The top picture is of a sweet wild spring flower, the tiny blue myosotis, which we call Forget-me-Not.