The Unwanted Child

"Johnathan, get down here right now!"

My mother always yelled at me. I never did anything to deserve it. I was the older of the five siblings I had. I think they expected a lot out of me but I'm still a kid. I rushed down stairs to find my mother standing there with her hands on her hips.

"Get in the kitchen and take out the trash right now."

I was greeted with a whip to the back with a wet towel. The was the normal punishment for not doing my chores on time. My chores consisted of the garbage, yard work and cleaning my room.  Our trash cans were located in the corner of our backyard. As I put the bags in the cans I saw the most beautiful girl in the whole world. Her name was Cassandra Glatfelter. I may have only been twelve years old but that girl made me feel like a man. She was in her back yard playing with her puppy. We went to the same school and had the same classes I wanted to talk to her. I wish I had the guts to say something simple like "Hi" or "How are you doing?". I couldn't talk myself out of it. If I was going to do it this was the time. Just as I took a deep breath and had the words on the tip of my tongue my mother busted out the door yelling at me to get in the house. My chance to say "Hi" to her was gone. Walking into the house I turned the corner to find my dad was home. I was tried to walk pass him he grabbed me by the shirt collar.

"What did you forget to do today?" He said looking very angry.

 "I don't know sir. I took the trash out." I said confused not remembering if I forgot to do something.

"Did you forget to clean your room?"

"I'm sorry sir, it wont happen again."

"Your right it wont. No dinner tonight. You go clean your room and then straight to bed." He said pointing to the top of the stairs.

  I didn't have to clean my room. I had homework and trash to take care of. That didn't matter to them. I cleaned up my room putting my clothes in the dirty basket and my toy in my chest. After cleaning up I went and got in my PJs and brushed my teeth. We lived in New York City in a big apartment building. You could see into the building next to ours. I looked out my window to see her again. She was playing with her dolls now. She looked so happy. I watched as her mom tucked her in for bed. I couldn't help but think to myself "I wish I could have a life like that." I laid in my bed writing like I did every night. I loved to write because it takes me to a different place. It takes me to a place where I can be what I want and do what I want. I was usually up really late writing and if my parents caught me they would for sure never let me see paper and pen again. I wrote about my life. Since I didn't have anyone to talk to I wrote down what happened in my life. I wrote this:

"Today was like every other day. I got up, went to school, then came home to be treated badly. I do what my parents ask and yet I still get punished for it. Sometimes I feel like I am the unwanted child in this family. No one else in the family gets treated the way that I do. On the bright side I saw Cassandra today. She was playing with her puppy. I know I write this down a lot but she sure is the prettiest girl in the world. I almost talked to her today. Soon I'll be able to actually get words out. Tomorrow at school ill say something to her. That's all for now."