2

(Don't forget to follow to give support and be notified when a new chapter comes out! Thanks <3)

The car drifted smoothly on the clear road. Tommy rested his head on the window, examining route to his new home. He couldn't help but feel relieved he'd found an adoptive family that actually cared about him. He'd heard stories of orphans having to switch between tons of families before they find a kind one. Tommy didn't fully trust the family yet as it all could've been some play in front of the doctor, but he quickly override that speculation once they kept their kindness in tact when nobody was there.

Tommy felt someone tap on his shoulder. He turned his head to the side to see Wilbur looking at him. "So, Tommy what's your favourite animal?" It was an odd first question but Tommy just thought he was trying to start a conversation.

"I like dogs." It was true, Tommy always begged his parents for a dog. Now looking back at it, he wonders if they ever got annoyed at him.

Techno looked back, his face was amused. "I like dogs too."

"I don't know, I'm more of a cat person myself, what about you Wilbur?" Phil cut in.

Wilbur hesitated, he thought hard about this question. "I like salmon."

Tommy's smile widened at the joke. "You mean to eat or to keep as a pet?"

"Both." Wilbur said this with such little emotion it almost seemed like it was true. Honestly, maybe it was.

Their conversation was cut short by the car halting to a stop in a parking lot. Looking out the window, Tommy couldn't believe his eyes, a mansion stood in front of them.

"Is- is this your house?" Tommy didn't even try to hide his shock.

"Our house." Techno opened the door to let Tommy out of the car. The air finally felt fresh and Tommy could actually breathe properly. His head still hurt a little from the fall but he completely forgot about it whilst he imagined his life living in this house.

Phil unlocked the door to reveal an elegant entrance filled with a wooden staircase and a seating area underneath them. To the right lay a living room/ kitchen and to the left there  was  a dining room. Behind the steps had a spacious hallway filled with doors to bedrooms and bathrooms. Phil took Tommy's hand in his own and led him into the hallway towards one of the rooms.

"This will be your room, Tommy." He said as he opened the door to a room more decorated than he'd ever seen before.

I'm the room had a blue double bed in the middle left of the room along with one end table on the left, a wardrobe on the right and a bean bag on the left. The walls were decorated with paintings and the wall itself was painted blue with a black rug on the light wooden floor. On the right also had a desk with a pc on top, a pc so expensive it looked like it costed over £2000.00. A stuffed bear lay on the bottom of the bed and if you went inside the room you'd see a tv screen on top of the door.

Tommy was unable to hide his surprise. "Wait, this is my room!?"

Phil laughed. "Of course it's your room, I'll let you unpack and then I'll give you a tour." His voice was genuine, leaving Tommy shocked with the kindness of this family.

The door shut behind him as he placed his suitcase firmly on the ground. He unzipped it to reveal all his belongings he kept from his house. Alas, he started to unpack.

He placed things like pictures on the desk, the wardrobe and the end table, having his favourite picture of his parents on the end table, facing him at night. He unpacked his stuffed animal his mother bought him on his bed and all his clothes he stored in the wardrobe.