Chapter 6 - Maynard

Lord Maynard Growth sits inside the great counsil dome of Castle Brumal. With him are the Soldiers, the Nobles, the other Six Lords, the counsil members of the current administration, and the Lord Supreme-his Father.

This gathering of Lords to the Castle are done every year to discuss politics, economy, defences, and threats. This time, Lord Supreme Robert pushed to discuss the heat building up over the other side of the Valladon Ocean. Their alliance with the Eaglesoar States and the number of Vistarion's population.

Maynard sat there, watching as he represents his region. He is the Lord of Old Icestones after all. The Lords of the regions as himself sits on their respective sits, bearing their marks carved upon the high seat.

Beside his Lord Father are the five Council Members: The Coruler, second only to the Lord Supreme; the Chief of Justice, who over see the law; the Chief of Coins, who manages the flow of money; the Chief of Defence, who is the head of the Nation's Army; and the Chief of Crafts, who maintains all that has been built and will be built in their Nation. Maynard learned who they all are, as he should.

Oliver, the Coruler of Vistarion addressed the peace and order on each regions at first. Each of the Great Lords announced the records of their lands. Their products, order, and prosperity.

Jonathan Smith, Lord of Starfall announced their mines, their irons and the shipping across the world. They own the Smithor Harbour after all. The largest product distributor around the world, making the Smiths the richest men in the World.

"And minerals are running short at our mines, your Grace." Lord Smith said firmly "Soon we will shut them down. The Summit have been thriving. As a result, the region of Starfall will resort to the industry of selling goods once the mines are shut. In the mean time, we build."

"Your supplies of weapons have never run short, my Lord." Charles, the Chief of Coins said. "It hasn't gone unnoticed."

The Summit is the tallest tower ever built on Vistarion, the people have said. Maynard has not seen them yet but he yearns with every fiber of his being to see it one day.

Lord Castalan Deith stood after. He told about the husbandry, the production of meat and weapons. He is the Lord of Highlands. His seat carved with the sigil of his house, a fiery bow and arrow.

After him, Sebastian Vathe spoke, the Lord of Icesteps, the Father of the woman he is betroth to. He didn't listen to what most the Lords have said. It was all predetermined. They all rehearsed their lines. This was all an act of courtesy, the real deal will be told later.

Maynard himself has lines of his own he kept rehearsing on his head, lines he memorized days before.

Lady Felize Thenari spoke next, and Maynard will follow her. While Vistarion is mostly patriarchy, Ladies are allowed at court if they represent an absentee Lord. Lord Jacob Thenari is still a babe, 4 Years of Age, and his Father had recently died. Of what cause, Maynard does not remember.

After Lady Felize's speech about how thriving the Region of Waerock is, Maynard stood and gave his own.

"My Lords, my Ladies." Maynard begun "My Lord Father." He looked at his Father and gave him a nod. "Old Icestones is thriving. Roads are built, houses erected, and the end of our train station is finished. The Temple that were recently discovered at the Mother Mountains is almost ready for its grand viewing. There are Soldiers stationed at the mounts to push away the Mountain Clans form ever attacking again. The Iceborn Raiders are easily fended off. The stations stood strong, ever defiant to the Iceborn Raiders. You may all rest easy, knowing the Northwestern Coast is safe. We also provide the sufficient supplies of crops and vegetables around the nation, my Lady Sister made sure of that. The Vistari people can rest easy knowing their Lord Providers are bountiful with their harvest."