Top 3 Female Gospel Music Artist In Nigeria

Nigerian gospel music, one of the most popular musical genres in contemporary Nigeria started about four decades ago. It has influenced several aspects of the national culture and served as a means of survival for many artists and music producers in the country.

So today we gonna look into the 3 best gospel songstress in Nigeria who has been consistent with their craft over the years. The biggest gospel music platform in Africa Gospel Fountain has highlighted 3 female gospel singers from their recent research work. So let's discuss them.

Some Top Nigerian Gospel Music In Nigeria.

1. Sinach

Osinachi Joseph popularly known as Sinach, a gospel singer, songwriter, and worship leader has achieved yet another feat as she has been recently named among the 100 most influential women in Africa.

Sinach stated she had dreams, where she saw herself singing to a large audience, but she didn't take it seriously then and never actively pursue anything musically as a career though she joins a choir group in her church. The music minister has written many songs before she released her first album, Chapter One in 2008 and her song This is You Season off the album won the song of the year award in 2008.

As a prolific songwriter, Sinach has written over 200 songs and won several awards. One of her most popular songs is "Way Maker". In 2015, Sinach was the first recipient of the LIMA Songwriter of the Decade Award. Most of her songs were being sung in many countries, and even translated into many languages all around the world. In the same year 2019, she received the African Achiever's Award for Global Excellence. Also, that same year, she won the Western African Artist Of The Year by Groove Awards in Kenya for the second time in a row and was listed among the top 100 most Influential Christain in Nigeria.

In May 2020, She became the first artist to top the Billboard Christain Songwriters chart.

2. Mercy Chinwo

Mercy Nnenda Chinwo was born on 5 September 1990 in Port Harcourt, Rivers state. She is the fourth child in a family of five (the first daughter). Chinwo has been singing right from a very early age. She started in the church children's choir before transitioning to the adult choir prior to launching her musical career.

Mercy Chinwo has been recognized as one of the hitmakers in the country which has, in turn, got her a lot of fan base in the country. Right from the release of Excess Love which is still earning lots of streams across all digital platforms to Chinedum, which is currently over 80 million views on youtube. We can now say Mercy Chinwo has been a blessing to the world.

3. Ada Ehi

Ada Ehi with full name Ada Ogochukwu Ehi was born on the 18th of September in 1987. She originated from Imo State, Nigeria. She studied Chemical & Polymer Engineering at the Lagos State University.

Her music career started During her schooling at Lagos State University, she joined Believer's Loveworld Campus Fellowship and later Christ Embassy Choir where she grew steadily until she became a member of the Christ Embassy Presidential Choir. After this time, she moved on to Loveworld Records in the year 2009. She is currently an active member of the music ministry in Christ Embassy and has then performed at many concerts and programs hosted by the church in America, Europe, and many different African countries.

Some of her popular songs are "You Are Able", "Only You Jesus", and "On My Matter" which are still topping charts today.