ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚

Daphne's POV

Sometimes I wish I could sleep, sleeping sounds nice. I was thinking of all the dreams I could be having when I was taken away from my relaxed state when I heard Abigail yell from downstairs to get ready for school. Just because we're vampires doesn't mean we don't shower or get ready for the day. I get up and take a quick shower, I love the feeling of the hot water running down my back makes me feel human again. As I get out of the shower, I start thinking about all the states we're gonna get. Being a vampire makes us incredibly beautiful, inhumanly in fact. Lots of humans get insanely jealous of us, it is quite humorous really. When I dried off I looked in my closet but couldn't think of what to wear. " Need help daph?" I look up to see Maddie in my doorway. She's wearing some low-waisted baggy pocketed mom jeans, a white shirt with a gray loose and velvet jacket cropped. Paired with gold jewelry and some white Meikoshoes lace-up sneakers.

" Sure I don't know what to wear," I say to her " k move," she says, pushing me out of the way. She looks in my closet for what feels like an hour. "You have no good clothes, how do you live like this," she says turning to me with a 'how are we sister's face." you can just borrow something of mine I guess," she says walking back to her room. I have a good taste in fashion. It's just that Maddie likes to change her wardrobe every week, maybe a month at most. When she comes back she brings me some gray denim jeans with a blue abstract print top. Some silver jewelry and a blue fluffy bucket hat. "Here, wear this," she says, throwing it at me" We'll have to go shopping after school" which she leaves me to change " Also I want that shirt back" I hear her say from downstairs. I rolled my eyes while changing after I was done. I looked at the mirror not bad I thought looking at myself. I hear a bark behind me. I turn to see Milo sitting there.'' Do you like it, boy?" Milo barks at me with approval "I knew he'd like it" I heard Maddie yell from downstairs.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚋𝚢 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚎ت꧂

As we pulled up to forks high school I could feel everyone looking at us.when we park Thomas looks at all of us" ok we got this, it's not like we've never been to school" he says really " you and I haven't been to school in over around 115 years" I say looking at him he acts like we've been a high school this whole time.' you know what I mean daphne" he says getting out of the car with Abigail for a pursuit. as I was about to get up I saw Maddie looking down at her lap " you'll do get mads, they'll love you" I say holding her hand giving her a warmhearted smile which she returns. "Nice car!" someone yells at us I just look at them and walk away, I hear Abigail say thank you to them as we walk into the school. we walk into the office for our schedules " excuse me, ma'am," Abigail asks the lady at the deck." yes, how can I help you guys?" she says looking up at us " yes um we need our schedules?" Thomas says with a smile on his face "of course hold on" she looks in a drawer and pulls out some paper "here," she says handing them to Thomas we thank her and walk out of the office.

We looked at our schedules I have Maddie in 1st, 2nd, 3rd,6th, and Thomas and Abigail in nothing but we all have 5th together which is lunch." ok see you guys at lunch" I say walking away with Maddie to find our class. We made our way through kids who stared openly, and some feeling brave said hi. They're all talking about us somehow beautiful we are, somehow jealous they are. Madison was hating every second of it. This was one of her hell, she's not still not used to people staring at unlike me and everyone else. Maddie and I wandered the hallways looking for our 1st class, completely lost, with constant stares at us. This is not fun at all. A sweet nerdy motor-mouth boy appears next to us." you guys are two of the four new students right, you're Daphne and Madison Miller right" he says walking with us "just Maddie is fine" I hear Madison say. I look at her with a shocked yet proud face she's never let anyone call her Maddie, or even talk to them.

"Oh ok hi Maddie, I'm eric, the eyes, and ears of this place," he told us " anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on" we just looked at him 'he was being for real' i thought " I'm most of a suffer in silence type, but I'll keep that in mind," Maddie tells him looking at him from the first time this whole conversation." I'm the most outspoken one out of both of us" I added as I pull madison into a side hug. " Good headline for your feature, I'm on the paper, and you're new, baby, front page," Eric said as he held his hand as if they were a camera. " oh no I, um I'm not that big news, like not at all," Maddie says stuttered out while, side hugging me. "Whoa, chillax. No feature," eric sighed " would you mind showing us toward Mr. Varner's class?" I ask eric. Eric smiles at me before leading us to class, pretty sure he's enjoying the attentive stares." you've missed a lot of the semester, but I can hook you up, tutor, cliff notes, medical excuse." eric explained. We just nodded at him following him. 

꧁𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚐𝚢𝚖꧂

The boy's basketball team runs drills on half the basketball court. A girl's volleyball game occupied the other half. Maddie, in gym clothes, tries to avoid the volleyball so she doesn't pop it or expose herself. I was also playing in the game as an energetic, athletic team captain, Jessica, motivated the players. "Block it, Chloe! Yeah! Good attack!" She yelled. The game was going well until some girl tried to hit Maddie with a volleyball. Maddie saw it coming but she closed her eyes and hits it, and beaned one of the basketball players in the head. "Ow!" he exclaimed. Maddie looks at me before hurrying to him, embarrassed." are you alright? I didn't mean to hit you" she tells him "it's only a flesh wound," he replied. He grinned at her and she smiled back, relieved. The bell rings, indicating class is over. You're Madison right?" he asked as I walked up to them "and you're Daphne?" " just Maddie is fine" Maddie replied. " daph is fine" I add "I'm Mike newton," he introduced himself.

Mike looks at us a second too long, clearly taken by our eyes. Our eyes are the perfect shade of gold. Suddenly, Jessica appears, stepping between us. Subtle, but possessive, we step back a little as she nudged Mike. " she's got a great spike, don't she Mike?" she asked as she turned to us." so where are you guys from?" she asks smiling at us "Portland, Oregon" I say smiling back at her. " ah no wonder you guys are so pale, I met the other two, Thomas and Abigail, invited them to sit with us, do you want to join us?" she asks smiling with hope in her eyes. Maddie and I share a look before turning back at them " sure we'd love to" we say together. after we change into our old clothes we head to the lunch room, get our trays, and head to a table with Thomas, Abigail, Mike, and Jessica. As we sit down Eric appeared and squishes into a seat next to Maddie. " Mike, I see you met my home people," Eric asked Mike pointing at us." your home people?" Mike asked.

" Our people, but my girl" a guy named Tyler comes up to me and kisses my head then he pulled Mike's chair and ran off with Mike running after him. "It's like first grade all over again' she chuckles at them running " you're the shiny new toy, don't worry it will go away soon," she says looking at us, smiling. Suddenly, a flashbulb blinded us. I looked up at the photographer, Jessica's sweet-looking low-key insecure friend Angela." Sorry, didn't mean to blind you guys I just needed a photo of our candid for the feature" she says sitting down " I'll crop you out if you want madison" she says smiling at Maddie. Maddie smiles at angela " you can call me Maddie, and you don't need to do that I'll be in the feature' Thomas and Abigail look at Maddie with a shocked face while I look at her with a proud face. " hey daphne?" I hear Jess ask "yes?" I ask looking at her.

" Are you guys related to the Cullens?" she asks Who are the Cullens? The mention of the name makes Abigail look at Maddie and me. Before I could reply I smelled something, it was like a woods fire smell. I also notice Maddie is smelling something too. I turn to the smell to see the cafeteria doors open as five more vampires enter, three guys, and two girls all with golden eyes. Then I realized that the smell is my mate must be the same as Maddie. I saw Maddie make eye contact with the pixie-like girl. She found her mate I'm so happy for her I then made eye contact with one of the guys. He is my mate.

"Who are they?"

𝙷𝙸 𝙼𝚈 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚂😘 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟶 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐. 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢/𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙱𝚢𝚎❤️❤️