Rise Of The Guardians

*Important Note* This part of the book will very prone to update at random. Just so everyone knows.

~*~ Early Winter ~*~

Jamie lounges out on Faith's couch "Good thing your parents are out Faith, or we'd have nowhere to have this party."

Faith rolls her eyes "Party? Let's face it Jamie, this is a glorified sleep-over."

Jamie smirks "You're right, and everyone's downstairs watching cheesy horror movies."

"At least Sophie and Kaylee are sleeping now" Faith muses.

Jamie's look's over his shoulder at the two girls sleeping peacefully on the playroom floor. He sigh's "At least there's that." he smile's weakly

Faith look's at Jamie sideways "What is with you?" She ask's "You guy's are always giving each other looks when you think I'm not looking. I mean seriously what's up with that?"

Jamie looks around uncomfortably "It's complicated Faith... You.. You wouldn't understand..."

"Try me Jamie."

He sighs again, and looks around the room attempting to stall for time when Kaylee cry's out in her sleep. Faith practically vaults over the couch and land's beside her. "It's okay Sweetie. Every things going to be alright." She brushes the hair off Kaylee's forehead "It's just another nightma..." Kaylee practically leaps out of the sleeping bag, clutching onto Faith.

"NO NO NO! DON'T... don't..." She starts sobbing into Faith's shoulder

"Shhh, shhh. It's fine, everything is fine. You were just having a nightmare."

"but... but HE was there again..."

Sophie stirs on the ground "Jamie? what going on?"

Jamie pats her head "Kaylee had a nightmare, it's fine. Just go back to sleep Soph."

"Okie" she say's, lying back down and rolling over.

Faith pick's up Kaylee and walks over to the couch, Jamie following behind them. Sitting down on the couch Faith moves Kaylee to her lap "Tell me about the dream Sweetie."

Kaylee looks worriedly at Jamie and says nothing. Faith catches the look and smiles "It's alright Sweetie, I trust Jamie."

Kaylee starts talking quietly "I was out in the snow, in a clearing. A big clearing with a pond on one of the edge's. It's snowing, and I feel... happy, like there's nothing wrong... And then the snow turns black... And... And I look down by the lake, you're there. But you've got a sword."

"He's there too isn't he?" Faith asks. Kaylee nod's. "It's fine Lee-Lee, was anyone else there?"

Kaylee leans around Faith and looks at Jamie before pointing at him "He's there, and another boy."

Faith smiles "Go up to your bed, and tuck yourself in. Call if you need me, okay?"

Kaylee nod's before walking up the stairs and to her room.

"How often does she have these nightmares Faith?" Jamie asks leaning forwards in his seat.

"Why the hell do you care, she's not your little sister Jamie." Faith retorts

"It's important Faith. Please just tell me."

"What are you going to tell me in exchange?" Faith inquires, smirking.

Jamie fidgets around "I'll explain everything!" He exclaims.

"Deal" Faith says "It started a couple months ago, but always when our parents weren't home. She just started waking up from her sleep screaming. She ranted about a man in black, and something she shrieked about her closet being open, or opened. I had to wedge it shut when she went to bed." Faith sighs and brings he knees up to her chin. "Then she started drawing, things. A forrest clearing with a pond. Five people and not quiet people, fighting a bunch of shadow thing's. She terrified of something and I can't help her Jamie. I don't know what to do..."

Jamie sits beside her and rest is hand on his shoulder, he smiles weakly "I think i might be able to help Faithy."

Faith smiles back "Don't call me that."

"Aww, but it's such a cute nickname!" He coo's

Faith punches Jamie's shoulder "Ha ha. Very funny. Now explain."

~*~Mid-Winter Just Before Easter~*~

Faith grabs Jamie's arm "We have a problem!"

"Well no duh! We just ran out of.. Of somewhere not good!" Jamie exclaims

Faith shakes her head "Another problem on top of that. I just did a head count, we're missing three kids."

Jamie sighs "Great, so let's do a count of all the crappy things happening here. One: Something's put the entire town to sleep, except us. Two: Someone wants to use the kids for their imagination. Three: Now some of the kids are missing."

Faith nods "I can't actually believe this is actually happening. I really can't"

"Me nether"

"You can't believe this?"

"Not really. I mean last time I could feel the danger, and what would happen, and the danger we would all be in if the Guardians didn't win. Now the air feels wrong and, like everyone's waiting for something to happen."

Faith looks around at the kids "Jamie, I have a question."

He looks over at her "What?"

"Do you have a way to call the Guardians?"

"Uh maybe? But I see your point, getting them here would probably be a good idea."

"Good, try to get them here. I'm going back for the kids." Faith says determinedly

"You can't be serious Faith! Something could happen to you!"

Faith shakes her head "It's better then something happening to those kids Jamie. They were my responsibility, I'm going back in to get them." She starts walking away, but pauses and calls over her shoulder "Send someone in after me once all the kids are safe Jamie. And not before." Faith walks back into the forrest they had just exited.

Jamie looks around at the younger kids in the group "Okay everyone! I want everyone to be holding hand so nobody get's lost or hurt, alright?