Hope for Home

In seconds I am awake, away from the horrifying nightmare, or whatever you want call it. I am sitting up, and this time I am not chained down to the bed. “Hey sleepy head!” Stefan said mockingly. I did not expect to see him when I first woke up.

“I would not be sleeping that much if you had not chased me back in the woods…what happened anyway?” I asked.

“Well the doc said that you were defiantly lacking nutrients, water, and oxygen when you fainted, but was also because you blacked out in the car with Sabine, who had gotten into a car accident. He said to rest and eat healthy. He wanted to get some more tests done to see why you blacked out in car, but since you were drunk I had told him you blacked out because you drank vodka”.

“Screw what the doc said, and I wasn’t talking about the woods, I was asking what happened to you guys when mom and dad…were killed?” I asked.

He was quiet, I can tell he was tensed about the topic, but he held together. “well…um-“

“We got stuck with another pair of so called parents, but it was never the same after, life just changed.” He was cut off by Sofia who was standing at the door, and now walking in.

“Well how could have it been, we lost our parents to a murder, and we did not even know if our sister was died or alive.” Stefan added quietly.

It’s my all fault. I killed them. I ruined their lives. They had nothing to do with it. They suffered the consequences for my actions. They are the victims and I am the culprit. They are the victims in the same room as the culprit.  Guilt is what this felt like. Guilt with a dash of pain. “It’s all my fault” I said quietly, so that they couldn’t hear, but talking in a quiet room, your voice is pretty loud.

“What. No.no.no Kiara this isn’t your fault. You were young, far too young to understand, you could have done a single thing to change what happened. This isn’t your fault. This is his fault. The man who killed mom and dad. And when I get my hands on the person that killed mom and dad , I am going to make it a living hell for them.” He threatened to the point it sent child down my spine.

“Stefan, not now. We must care for Kiara.” Sofia said concerned. Stefan relaxed when she said that, the once so angry face turned into a concerned caring face.

“Sorry, Kiara I didn’t mean to –“

“No you shouldn’t be apologizing…” I said, I should be the one saying sorry, I am the one that killed them, and if Stefan finds out he’ll kill me. What should I do…

“If you don’t mind me asking, Kiara what happened to you when mom and dad past away. I mean you just disappeared off the phase of this earth, and just reappeared only months ago. What happened to you?” he asked and Sofia looked at her as well waiting for an answer.

I had the answer, I couldn’t tell them, hell I don’t even remember clearly. Even if I did would I have told them. But I could tell them I killed mom and dad….and a lot of other innocent people. No but than Stefan will kill me, just judging by the way he reacted just to thought, I’d be dead in a matter of seconds. I don’t know, I’m so confused. “I can’t,” the words just slipped out, and I knew I could not take them back, like all the other things wasn’t to take back and can’t, all I can do is cover up, lie. “I mean I can’t remember…” O knew I needed more to give. “I… I woke up in the hospital and the next thing I’m with Sabine”. I said, that is all I could offer.

They nodded their heads. “So you have no memory of what happened. How did you lose it?” Sofia asked.

“I don’t know, the doc’s said I was in an explosion…”

“We’ve heard.” Stefan said.

“You know what, I think we’ve had a big bite from the plate for one day, wouldn’t you guys agree”, Sofia said.

“Yes, Kiara I think you should get yourself cleaned up. Take a shower, maybe you do smell.” He joked.

“You sure it isn’t you,” I said tiredly.

“Kiara you need rest, sleep and then you can shower.”

Without saying a word, or rebelling, I laid back and quickly was taken over sleep…sleep that would be long and dreamless.

I followed the scent of the aroma of delicious food; it seemed endless until I walked into a room where Sofia and Stephan were seated at a table with dinner, or lunch. Whatever the meal is.  I probably lost track of time a long time ago.

“Hey look who decided to wake up after a good solid 14 hours of sleep, Kiara come join us. You must be starving.”

Now that Stefan mentioned it, all I felt was hunger. I was eager to eat with my brother and sister after so long, to finally be home. I hope.

vote comment fan u know the drill:P