Chapter 1~The Promise

A seven year old girl and a eight year old boy were sitting at the edge of a river they had found in the woods. The little girl had long chestnut hair that went down to her waist, she had bright green eyes and a beautiful white smile. Her name was Brynn. Brynn was the kind of person who would make anyone laugh, no matter what. But even though she was very nice and loyal, she only had one friend. Her friend was different from her, the little boy had dark brown hair, similar to hers, but instead of his hair being brushed and neat, it was messy and lazily pushed over to one side. His name was Toby. Toby had hazel eyes, but he only smiled when his best friend, Brynn, was with him. But there was something about Toby that made him diverse from everyone else, he had a disorder called Tourette's, which made him tick and twitch from time to time, sometimes getting a crack of a bone as a reward. Because of this disorder, at school he was called ticci Toby, and mocked with exaggerated twitching and laughing, but the little girl didn't care, she thought Toby was special.

Toby also had a disease called C.I.P.A (Congenital Insensitivity to Pain with Anhidrosis) which caused him to be numb towards pain. Still, Brynn didn't mind. Toby turned to his best friend and looked into her eyes. "k-kitty?" he addressed her by his nickname for her.
"hmm?" she hummed, telling Toby to continue. "c-can you p-promise me something?" he asked, stuttering. "of course, what is it?" she questioned, holding out her pinky, Toby locked his with hers. "d-do you promise t-to be my b-best f-friend forever?" he asked. "I promise" she said.

'forever.....yeah right' I thought. Its been five years since Toby's 'incident'.
Im 18 now ( I know he was 17 when he lost it but its my story!) I felt tears well up in my eyes thinking about him. 'Toby.....why did you leave me like this.....I can't live without you'. I got up from my spot on the bed and dragged myself over to my desk. I opened my drawer and got my razor. Then I walked back to my bed and sat down. I stared down at the sharp piece of metal. I've used this so many times. I rolled up my long sleeves and looked at the hundreds of scars I had on both arms. I've been depressed since Toby died, but I don't show my feelings so no one can tell. I've even attempted suicide more then ten times. Im miserable. I would do anything to see him again. To hear him laugh, see him smile, heck, I'd give anything just to feel him twitch again. I slowly brought the razor across my wrist, slicing my skin. A warm liquid traveled down my arm. Blood. I wiped it off with my sleeve and fell back on the bed. I sighed. 'I miss you....'.

"Brynn dear!, were leaving!" my mom yelled. We were getting ready to visit my aunt. I got up from my bed once again and walked out the door. My mom was on the couch waiting for me. "im ready" I said. She looked up at me. "good, get in the car.....ill be there in a sec" she said. I nodded, starting for the door. I pushed it open and ventured to the white Audi R8 and hopped in. I buckled my seat belt and grabbed my phone from my pocket. I plugged in my earphones and played my favorite song Don't You Dare Forget The Sun by Get Scared. I loved the song but it reminded me of.....him.
I sang along quietly as my mom got in the car and started it.

Youre a mess, tangled with your confidence you think you haven't sinned. well youre unstoppable. you are the impossible oh, I think youre better off looking alone, and the boys that chase your hips can just go find their way home, and at the end of the day you think to yourself my body isn't proud of being sold on a shelf. tell me I can change, tell me I can change well I know you lay in bed, contemplating your own death well just look at what you've done, don't you dare forget the sun love. (don't forget) cold white walls keep you from your pad and pen you just want to stab again can't believe its half this hard you never knew your mind was dark. oh I think youre better off looking alone, and the boys that chase your hips can just go find their way home. you can dig for deeper scars, you never knew your mind was dark. come on and breath with me oh, breath with me oooh. well I know you lay in bed, contemplating your own death well just look at what you've done don't you dare forget the sun love! you look down on me so casually in everything I know. you look down on me but not right at me just like this broken home. dear diary life is trying me can I get a sign or a two of mine or a piece of mine. can I get a sign can I get a sign (I know). well I know you lay in bed contemplating your own death well just look at what you've done don't you dare forget the sun love! you look down on me so casually in everything I know. you look down on me but not right at me is it plain to see that life is trying me. life is trying me. life is trying, can I think of something gotta think of something.