36

𝑻𝑼𝑬𝑺𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻
˚ · • . ° .

EDDIES POV:
˚。⋆୨୧˚

She's floating.

"Why is she floating?" I ask the obvious to Henderson, who stands only a couple of feet away from me.

The room goes silent for a moment.

"Vecna doesn't want Max," he slowly realizes, "he wants Isabelle."

I turn to look at him, and imagine that our faces  have the exact same expression written all over it, shock.

He meets my eyes, giving me a concerned look.

I turn back around, finding my girlfriend floating higher and higher towards the ceiling.

"Isabelle!" I plead for what feels like the hundredth time.

I cannot lose her. A pit begins growing in my stomach just at the thought of what might happen if I do.

She's beyond reaching point by now, her upper body flattening onto the ceiling.

Even though I'm not religious, I begin praying to God, begging for her to come out of this trance.

I run my hands through my hair, continuing to watch her legs dangle a couple feet above my head.

Just then, her chest jerks upwards roughly, and her body plummets downwards.

I'm quick to catching her in my arms, falling to my knees at the intense force of her fall.

I quickly scan her body up and down, searching for any injuries or wounds. When I don't find anything, my eyes trail back up, landing on her face.

She looks like she's just been terrorized. My heart fills with sympathy for the girl.

I let out a breath full of relief whenever she throws her own arms around me, and I can feel her rapid breaths against my neck.

"It's okay. You're okay. It's over." I tell her, trying to reassure her, and mostly myself.

"I'm alive." she realizes.

"You're alive." I confirm, pulling back and giving her a smirk, to which she returns.

I feel like I'm caught in her eyes before she sharply turns to Dustin.

She begins to speak so fast that I can barley understand.

"He told me to tell El that he knows everything!" she exclaims, looking between our faces as if we would know something about this.

A faint banging rings through the room, catching my attention.

My eyes quickly find the source, and I just now seem to notice the cracks that are multiplying by the second on my bedroom door.

Dustin's voice sounds extreme as he says something, but I don't pay attention to him.

I also feel Isabelle get up and out of my arms, taking all of her warmth with her, leaving me on my own.