Chapter 4 - I'm sorry

Song suggestion: どうして - 高瀬統也 feat. 野田愛実 (Doushite - Toya Takase feat. Emi Noda).

Don't forget to listen to the music and vote on the chapter!

-------------------------------------------------------------

"I thought I lost you." Sarada said with a sad voice.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was a stunning spring night, not many clouds on the sky, bringing attention to the full moon shinning with all it's glory.

The wind comes and goes making the sakura flowers fall.

One by one.

They could hear everything that was surrounding them.

The city.

The animals.

The flowers falling.

But there was a silence between them.

Boruto was holding the necklace looking at Sarada, she was staring at the charm.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Months before Boruto disappeared.

It was another peaceful day in Hidden Leaf Village, everyone was getting ready to the matsuri that was gonna happen at that night.

But for Sarada it was a day with no missions, she was planning on training all day long, but before that, she wanted to have some sweets with Chocho.

"I know that it's good to train but today is the matsuri Sarada!" Chocho was trying to convince her to stay at the matsuri. "Why don't you give yourself a day off?" She said that while eating some snacks.

"I don't wanna be left behind, and I'm enjoying my morning with you." She took a dango out of the stick.

"That's not the same thing Sarada 😒" Chocho whispered. "You should try to see at least the fireworks." She ate all 3 dangos at once.

"I think I can see from the forest."

"..."

"You gotta be kidding..."

"I should go now, I don't wanna be late." Sarada said standing up.

"Think more about it, please." Chocho said going in the opposite direction.

Sarada was heading up to the forest, she spotted Boruto from far away, he was with the sixth Hokage Kakashi.

"He must be getting some tips from him..." Sarada though.

Meanwhile, Boruto was grabbed by Kakashi to help him.

"Where are we going now?" Boruto said holding a heavy package for him.

"I need to go to that store." Kakashi said with a smile under his mask.

At dusk, Sarada stopped her training to rest and eat something.

After drinking some water, she unpacked her obento "Should I eat here or at the festival?" She was wondering.

Sarada was staring at her obento for a few minutes. "What am I doing?"

"Aaaagh!" She stood up quickly.

"Okay, I'm gonna go there!" She started organizing her stuff.

"I'm probably going to be there just in time to see the fireworks show" She thought it while walking back to the village.

The sun wasn't warming the city anymore, it was already night when she arrived, and there were a lot of people on the streets and in shops.

"I'll definitely not find Chocho with all these people here... Maybe if I..." She entered into an alley and then climbed the walls of a tall building to the roof.

"Now it's gonna be better to..." She couldn't finish her own thoughts due to the sound of a firework.

"Oh... They stared!"

"They are coming from two sides of the village, it's gorgeous" She was enchanted by the fireworks.

When it finished she noticed Boruto on the other side, she was about to wave but then she saw him talking to a couple. "I don't wanna bother him..." she thought.

"Okay, let's find Chocho!" Sarada said it out loud looking down on the streets.

After some minutes with no luck, her stomach was talking to her. "It's probably better for me to find something to eat than to try to find Chocho... " She thought jumping out of the building.

She was choosing a street food shop when someone called her name.

"Sarada!" She turned back and could only see a raised hand waving.

The person was trying to reach her, and when got closer she could see who was.

"Hey, Boruto!"

He finally reached her. "Are you hungry? Let's eat something!"

"Ooh, I was thinking about what to eat..." They were walking together when both recognized a smell.

"Squid!" Said both of them looking at each other.

After getting the squid they decided to eat in a calm place, which was on a roof.

"Did you see the fireworks?" Boruto asked.

"Yes, it was beautiful!" She said eating the squid.

It was cold up there and started to get windy, Sarada was cringing while eating.

Boruto noticed her, he put the squid in his mouth and started removing his jacket.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Removing my jacket."

"I see but why?" She looked away from him.

Boruto kindly put the jacket on her shoulders.

She turned to look at him. "But you are gonna..."

"Don't worry about it, I'm fine" he kept eating the squid.

When they finished, they were just staring at the moon.

Meanwhile, Chocho was with Shikadai, Inojin, and Mitsuki. "She's probably at her house now." Said Chocho giving up on looking for Sarada.

Mitsuki was staring at the sky and suddenly spotted Boruto and Sarada on the roof. "She's with Boruto." He pointed out their location.

All of them looked in that direction "I guess she enjoyed the matsuri somehow..." Said Chocho smiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Sarada... I'm sorry."