5. Twelve Grimmauld Place

Cordelia

Cordelia

Twelve Grimmauld Place. That's the address that Harry had told me to meet them at. An address that by the looks of it, doesn't exist. I look back at the letter to make sure I'm not imagining things but it's definitely right. Definitely number twelve. But definitely nowhere in sight. I sigh and sit on the curb of the pavement opposite staring at number eleven and number thirteen- but no twelve. It's quiet, nobody seems to be around. I got here as fast as I could but it got dark quickly and now I was being lit by street lamps rather than daylight.

My wand lay between my fingers as I twirled it around. I then skeptically stood up with my wand pointed out in front of me and  flicked it towards where number twelve should've been with the intent of revealing the house. Suddenly the houses began to move apart. Eleven and thirteen stretched away from each other whilst families remained idly enjoying their evenings. Number twelve thrusted into view; it was a dark and grimy looking building. I stood in front of the iron gates in awe, looking upon the towering house of gloominess.

Walking up to the front door, I gave it a knock and tried the handle. It opened with a click and I watched as it slowly creaked open, revealing more darkness.

"Lumos," I whispered causing the tip of my wand to shine with a bright white light. "Hello?" No answer. A creak of a floorboard sounded from nearby and I stopped in my tracks, turning to face where it came from. Still, I saw nothing. The door slammed shut behind me as I began to walk down the corridor. I shuddered from the impact, clutching my chest in shock. Something brushed my shoulder and suddenly grabbed a hold of me. Before I could let out a scream I turned around, wand at the ready, but was only met with the surprised face of Ron Weasley.

"Bloody hell, Delia," he said, "you looked like you were ready to kill me."

"You scared me." I whispered.

"Sorry." He replied with a small smile. "Come on, we're through here."

I followed behind him as we walked through the house and into the kitchen. Harry and Hermione were in deep discussion sat at the table when I entered.

"Phew, you made it!" Hermione said as she got up to hug me. I didn't respond to the hug straight away but I slowly wrapped my arms around her and patted her back. We weren't all exactly friends but I guess we were friendly with each other.

"What happened? You're letter sounded urgent." I said, looking at Harry.

"We were attacked." He said. "At bill's wedding."

"Oh my God! Are you guys alright?"

"Yeah yeah. We're fine." Harry reassured. "We had to come someplace safe, so we came here."