Chapter 22

Zeus is always my savior because he always showed up every time I need him.

“Kuya, can you take Elaine and look for her for a minute?” I asked him.

“Sure,” he shortly replied.

I saw him glare at Sancho and smile at Elaine when he carried her.

“I love you, mom!” inabot niya ako kaya lumapit ako hinalikan niya ako sa pisngi.

“I love you too, baby,” I replied and smile at her. Tumalikod na si Zeus at umalis na sila.

Nilingon ko si Sancho, and he's now staring at me. He looked more mature now and more handsome!

“Ah, hi! Long time no see, Sancho!” I broke the silence although it was still awkward. I only heard stories about him but I never saw him within those six years.

“Zeus is your brother?” his forehead furrowed. I nodded at him. Oh, I remember that I told him that he is my ex-boyfriend.

“Fuck!” He cursed.

“He said you two are together! He said that you are happy with him.”  He added.

“When?” I asked him.

“Earlier.” I nodded.

Buang talaga 'yon. But I can't blame him, he was there every time I break down. He saw how shattered I am in those fresh weeks of our breakup. Naging maayos lang ako nang malaman ko na buntis ako kay Elaine.

“Oh, okay,” I said. I don't know what to say.

“Hera Elaine... She's mine, right?” he asked. I rolled my eyes.

I invited Sancho's friends to Hera Elaine's christening. I want his friends to be one of my daughter's Godparents. When Elaine turned four, I let Yve take Elaine to our house but he will bring her back when the sunset comes.

“Yve is your friend but my Elaine is my daughter,” I said.

My daughter doesn't hide secrets from me. Elaine told me about her spending time with Sancho. That's when I decided to tell her about I and Sancho's situation, that Sancho is his dad. But Sancho thinks that Elaine didn't know that he was her father. My baby is smart, Yve and Sancho are stupid.

He was about to speak again when my family came.

“You're the one who inflicts pain in my Goddess?” Papa started up. Sancho paled, he gulped.

“Yes, Papa. He's the one who bestowed pain on our diyosa,” sumbong ni Kuya Cupid. He then clinched his jaw, Sancho on the other hand look down.

“We're going to talk about this at home,” Papa announced.

Nagpaalam kami kina Tita at sa bagong kasal na aalis na. Ang seryoso ng mukha ng mga pamilya ko.
I hold Elaine's hands as we go outside in Tita's house. Nang makalabas kami sa gate, medyo madilim na. Hinala kami ni papa at pinasakay sa sasakyan. My brothers' brought their cars with them as well as Sancho's.

Nang dumating kami sa bahay, lumabas kami sa sasakyan. Madilim na rin ang paligid. My brothers and Sancho are already outside in their cars. Hinila ako ni mama papasok sa bahay habang karga ko naman si Elaine.

When we get inside, pumunta kami lahat sa living room. When we are all sitting in the sofa, my family looks at me in chorus.

“What?!” I asked confused. Gusto ko marinig ang pag-uusapan nila kasi in the first place tungkol 'to sa'min ng anak ko.

“Doon ka sa taas, Athena County, marupok ka pa naman,” my mouth hang in what my father said. I can't believe him.

“I agree. Isama mo si Elaine, Diyosa.” Kuya Hades agreed. I bite my lip, gusto kong makinig!

I looked at Zeus, he's the one who understand me the most. I'm sure that he will help me. When he noticed my stare, inisa niya ang kanyang kaliwang kilay kaya binigyan ko siya ng nagpapaawa na mukha pero inilingan niya ako!

I know mama is on papa's side. My only hope, I stare at Kuya Cupid and he smirks at me when our eyes meet. Well, what can I expect from him?

“Why are you looking at me? Go upstares and take the lil Goddess with you.” Kuya Hades said.

I looked at Sancho and he smiled at me, trying to say that it was alright, and I should follow my family.

“Let's go, Mom. I will take revenge at my Daddy Uncle's for you.” My daughter comforted me as he hold my hand.

Fine. Pumunta kami ng anak ko sa kwarto ko na naging kwarto na namin ngayon. We have a lot of rooms that can be her room but I don't want to. I want her to be always by my side.

“Baby, are you mad at your Dad?” I asked her. We're in our bed and I'm currently combing her hair.

“No, mom... But I'm disappointed.”

“And why is that?” I asked her. I want to know her thoughts, and I don't want her to keep secrets from me.

“He knows that I'm his daughter but he never shows me a love of a father,” she said, I can feel the sadness in his voice.

Nasasaktan ako para sa anak ko pero ayaw kong isipin niya 'yon. I know that her father loves her, he just doesn't know how to show it.

“Although, I don't care, mom. It's only you who I need. My lolo, lola, and daddy uncles are just a bonus.” she said honestly.

“I love you, baby. Your dad loves you too. Just give him some time, hmm?” She nodded. I'm proud that I raised her to be this understanding. At a young age, she's smart enough to absorb what she encounters.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” I changed the topic and she nodded.

“I want to watch Sonic the Hedgehog!” she excitedly said and I follow what she said.

We watched it on my tablet but amidst the movie, she fell asleep. I off the tablet and put it on the bedside table. I looked at my daughter, I really can't get enough of her. I lane and kiss her on the forehead and lay beside her. I enclose us with a blanket then I dozed off beside my daughter.