Chapter 1: Just The Beginning (Edited)

The forest was still, a soft whispering breeze floating through the leaves. The trees practically glowed with green health, and it seemed peaceful. Two Nekos ventured through it, one blonde, the other a brunette. The brunettes steps were hesitant, even though walking through the forest was natural for the young Neko.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked with uncertainty, for probably the fifth time, wiping away dry tears from her outburst. The blonde turned her head, her long flowing golden curls swishing aside with her, a smile on her face.

"Not to worry, Willow! This is gonna get us straight to school!" She cheered. Willow wasn't too sure though.

"You sure, Alexa?" Alexa gave a curt nod. It was the final day of school, and the start of summer vacation, so, it was a day full the best classes ever, for the both of them.

As the walk continued, their small bushy soft tails swaying, and their cat ears pricking at almost every sound, they could have heard the sounds of the school, if it wasn't so loud suddenly in the forest.

*Magically time skip!*

"Hey, freaks!" The two girls heard them say, crumpled papers and cans of soda pop getting thrown, aimed at their cat ears and tail. One girl braced herself, and the other hissed, sharp teeth showing.

"Leave us alone!" She yelled, swatting away a targeting crumpled paper and can.

"Yeah.." The other one said quietly, her eyes cast on the ground, her foot kicking away a soda can. The blond one hissed again, as one of the groups girls cackled, her deep laughter ringing in both girls ears, making their ears and tails shoot up in either fear or anger. The one of the girls, her short skirt swaying around her thighs, and the straps of her tank top drooping, by the clothing, you could tell already she was the schools body salesmen.

"You deserve it. I mean, your freaks! Not my fault your moms did the 'it' with some cat guy, or maybe even did 'it' with a cat!" Eruptions of mocking laughter from the crowd. Alexa managed to grab Willow's hand and dragged them both away from the group onwards the school entrance, one of them growled under their breath both knowing this day would be a complete hell like always. They walked inside the school and everybody immediately started to call them names like Freaks, Things of hell, and other things that agitated them more.

As the two nekos walked the hallways, grabbing books from their beat up lockers, they soon heard the bell ring, the sound making them flinch, it's noise still burning in their ears.

"Well that hurt." Alexa muttered under her death, teeth bared in a silent snarl, Willow gave her best friend a shrug,

"We're next to the thing..so.." She said quietly, grabbing her final book, and shutting her locker with a racked sound of metal. Soon, they hurried to the cafeteria, grabbing a small snack, hoping for no fuss. Then, as they sat alone at a table a few girls walked by them, the same ones from the morning.

"Hey freaks," one of them snarled, getting closer, as Willow shrank back, and Alexa stared, fury and anger burning through her emerald eyes. The girl had a small can of soda, along with a small cup of applesauce, believe it or not, she grinned with trickery, her eyes gleaming.

"So, cat girls, how's your furball butts going today? Still getting hate? Well, good. I swear, if the school didn't take pity on you, you wouldn't be here, and all of us wish you weren't." Alexa let's out a growl, her ears and tail spiking up, fur bristling.

"Shut up!" She growled, "At least we're NATURAL, we're not the ones that are artificial, also, I think your plastic surgery went wrong." She snapped, the girls behind the main one scrunching up their noses in disgust. Willow silently snickered, 'Well, that shut them up.' She thought, covering her mouth from little out a giggle.