Wrong number

Rae Marie Swan, named so because she was apparently a ray of sunshine in her mother's otherwise gloomy life, was your average all American high school graduate. She passed all of her classes (barely) and graduated with honors (Not). Her parents couldn't be more proud!

It had been two years since she graduated and since then she had been working a sucky minimum wage job while also working to get a nursing degree. She was nearly there! It was only two weeks from her graduation and she couldn't be more excited to start her work in the medical field!

She currently lived with her best friend in an apartment in downtown Phoenix Arizona but that would soon be changing. Her friend had decided to take that next big adult step and get engaged so now Rae was packing her bags and shipping herself off to her dad's place in Forks Washington until such time as she found work and got her own place. She would be finishing up the rest of her degree online.

Honestly she probably could have chosen to stay at her mother's house here in Phoenix and continued her in person classes but Renee had long since remarried after her divorce from Rae's father, and taken up traveling with her new husband Phil. Phil was nice, she guessed, but she would forever and always be a huge Daddy's girl.

Her dad, Charlie Swan was the police chief of a little rainy town in Washington called Forks. He lived there with her little sister, who was not so little anymore, in the same house he had bought with Renee when they had first gotten married. Her sister, Bella, had taken to Phil about as well as Rae had and had bolted to their dad's house at the first given opportunity. As far as Rae knew, Bella was doing well. They were close when they were young but they didn't talk much recently because of their combined busy schedules. Last she had heard, her baby sister was engaged and would be getting married soon. Her dad was not overly happy about it.

Speaking of Dad, she picked up her phone to text him to make sure he would be on time to the airport to pick her up.

(After this point it's first person POV)

Rae-of-sunshine~

Hey Daddy-o we still one for the airport at noon?

This is your favorite Daughter btw.

Dad.

Daddy

Papa-bear!

DADDY -O~

I think you have the wrong number.

And possibly a screw or two loose.

Rae-of-sunshine~

Rude!

Not possible.

I triple checked.

I'm gonna strangle Mom if she gave me the wrong number.

DADDY -O~

I believe that's called matricide and is frowned upon in most states.

Now you're crazy and a murderer.

Perhaps call your mother and quadruple check?

Before you kill her.

Rae-of-sunshine~

Well shit on a biscuit.