Chapter nine

AN:// Hi lovelies! Another mid week upload for you, there will still be one tomorrow! I'm just trying to get the chapters out within the next 10 days so there's a chance you could be getting double uploads woops! Safe to say time flew away with me. 

I hope you're enjoying! As always I love to see your comments/hear what you think so please let me know! 

Her heart lurched at the question, the undeniable urge to ask for its desires almost making them tumble from her mouth. She was sinking, her lungs covered in the oozing oil that threatened to suffocate her the more she struggled. Everything told her to give in, to let herself get washed out to sea and pray she could float.

"Tell me, Bonnie."

She blinked, and her mouth fell open on its own accord.

"I've only ever wanted—"

She didn't finish. There was no longer a dream in front of her, instead a nightmare. Poyel looked as though he was screaming, but no sound came out. His face stretched into a mask of pain, his jaw almost unhinging as his neck crumpled, like someone had pressed a button to retract it. As he jolted back, the haze lifted from Bonnie and her lungs drew in the best breath she'd ever experienced. Oxygen felt new. Her eyes were burning and Gremory grabbed her arm, asking if she was alright.

She stared at the figure whose body was now convulsing, his arrogant aura disappearing as Kimaris pulled an arm around him, bringing him into his chest and turning so they were invisible to the crowds. She didn't know what he was doing to him, but she knew it hurt.

"Now, now. I thought you only did that to people who wanted your help," Kimaris sung, and it was now that she noticed the way he was pressing his hand into the side of the incapacitated mans neck. As the veins bulged, the neon blue colour of them reflected through his dark skin. "I need your help though, so why don't we have a chat."

Poyel juddered his head up, foam now dripping out the corner of his mouth, along with the second most disturbing noise Bonnie had heard in the last forty-eight-hours. It was a close call though; the gurgling echo of the demon who tried to eat her would be hard to beat.

"Kiss my—"

"Ah, ah, ah!" Kimaris pressed harder, dipping his head down to whisper right at his ear. "That's not very angelic of you, is it?"

She saw the glint in Kimaris' eyes and the sharp edge of his tooth as his mouth opened in a grin. The way his whole figure seemed to come alive as his muscles strained. It was as if he was in his prime. He did not thrive in the stinging jabs unlike the man he was hurting, no. He glowed in the deep burning pain that immobilised and scarred the soul for eternity. She did not know such a thing existed, or that anything could grow in that environment, but he was living proof.

She'd wondered if there would be a moment where she truly saw the darkness inside the demons that had befriended her.

She wanted to look away, but she feared that even then it wouldn't be enough. There was smoke rising from the place that his hand was gripping and she felt the bile bubble in her stomach as a burning smell surrounded them.