Chapter 19

Aurora

It was such a pleasure to stay at Rinaldis' mansion. It was my home for nearly 3 years. But now it's time to go back to reality. That evening when Elena came back I show her that the video was montaged.
"Vedo" she says " Good job, miele. But don't tell her to come back yet, its not safe"
"Tell her?"
Merda.
How does she know?
She smiles at me.
"You know it was me, don't you?"
"I always told you to close that window"
My grimace makes her laugh, and I erupt into a laugh too. I stop when a certain raven haired human pops into my mind.
"Did you see Christian today?" I ask.
Her smile drops.
"Si"
"How is he?"
Honestly, Aurora, you're embarrassing.
"He is fine" she replies numbly.
Fine?Really?
"Oh"
"Hey, don't you even dare to get upset because of him" she scolds," Maybe we should go out today or tomorrow"
I nod.
The rest of the evening I spend laying in Elenas lap on the couch watching tv, while she was reading some documents in her square glasses.
In the morning Elena asks me to drive her, since she was tired to drive after spending her night going through some papers.
"By the way, where's your car?" She randomly asks.
"Well, um, i gave it to Sofia" i utter.
"Hmm" she hums "Any idea where she might be?"
"Nope, she didn't tell me and haven't contacted me since then" I say, "I hope she's fine"
I nervously sigh.
If something happens to her...
Elena puts her hand on my shoulder and caressed it. "She's a strong girl, don't worry"
Elena goes to her office as usual and I direct myself to the shooting range. As I walk in I bump into Nico.
What is it with me bumping into men?
"Dio, Nico, do you live here?" I exclaim.
He chuckles.
"No, I'm here for transportations, darling"
"Di nuovo?" I ask, completely ignoring the nickname. Honestly ? It doesn't bother me anymore. I find it kind of sweet.(Again)
"Elena called people from all other bases , so you needed more goods"
That's my girl.
He said to me that day.
"By the way, about that Christian guy"
"What about him?" My heart falls in to my stomach.
"Do you think he...worths it?"
"Are you the one to ask me such a thing?" I asks sardonically, "Let's not forget why we broke up"
"That is why I'm asking. Are you sure he is not like...you know...me?"
I blink at him, entirely missing the point of out conversation.
Why is he asking that?
Oh, that look.
He knows something.
He starts constantly glancing somewhere and looking back at me. I reflectively look behind and...oddio.
Christian with Celia.
He is helping her out with a gun , but to me it looks more like an intro to exclusive premium porn. He starts to touch her...inappropriately. She, however, doesn't seem to mind, but rather enjoy it. They share smiles and laughs.
What the fuck is going on?
I haven't been here for one fucking day. How can he? Oh no he is not getting away with this.
I look back at Nico and evilly smile.
"I'll return in a moment"
I shift near them. The laughs stop immediately. Celia looks at me nervously, while Christian gazed at me coldly.
No fire, yet.
"What is happening here?" I ask with my fake friendly voice.
"Nothing, Don was teaching me how to shoot better " she chuckles looking over Christian.
Eyes.
Off.
Him.
Christian doesn't share her look for obvious reasons.
"I'm sure Don is quite busy, how about I teach you?"
"Well, let the Don decide it himself, Morana" she answers.
Is this bitch immortal or anything?
I stare at her with run-and-hide look , which makes her uncomfortable, but she refuses to move. I turn my gaze to Christian, letting him know that she need to be gone.
The fire is there.
"I think it's enough for today" he speaks, understanding my expression.
She looks at him stunned.
Yes, bitch it's enough.
"Don't make me repeat myself" he he says through his greeted teeth, when she opens her bitchy mouth to protest. Celia immediately disappears.
"You have quite the effect on women, don't you?" I mock and wanting to leave, after completing my mission here. He takes my wrist and presses me against him. I try to get myself out of it, but as harder I tried the tighter his grip became.
"One more such trick and I-"
"And you what Christian?" I aggressively cut him off, narrowing my eyes, "Kill me? Bend me over and fuck me?what?"
His gaze devoure me. The fire isn't just burning me. This time it's able to set the entire world on fire. He squeezes my hand even tighter. Which, frankly speaking, quite hurt, but I hide it. I don't break the eye contact, I'm going to let him win.
"Let me go" I say, "You're hurting me"
Dropping my hand he brings his face closer and rasps, holding back the urge to shout.
"We'll talk about this later. At mine"
He's unbelievable.
"Like hell" I scoff.
"End.Of.The.Fucking.Discussion"
I nervously breathe and leave.
We'll see.
My job is the only way not to think about Christian Daloi. I've decided to entirely give myself to the emergency meeting. Marc got an information about Salvadors next attack. Somehow they know about this base, and they can strike anytime.
"What are we going to do?" I ask.
"Well, we can't leave the base" Marc says.
"So we should stay?" I ask angrily.
I hear Eric chuckle.
"Maybe we would've not, if someone didn't insist on bringing all our people here" he says.
He's right.
It's my fault that we're all in danger now.
"The decision was made together and no one is going to be blamed for it, no one but the rat" Elena turns to Eric, who was ready to strangle me at any moment now.
Oh that rat.
If I find out who's that person, I'm gonna beat the shit out of him. They are not going to get killed easily.I'm going to torture them to the point, where they're going to beg me to kill them. They will suffer, and die with agonizing way. I will make sure of that. I can already hear the cracking of their bones, the sound of the blood shedding from every possible part of their body, their screams and pleas.
Revenge is going to be sweet.
"Even if we wanted to leave, where would we go?" Christian speaks and snaps me back from my fantasies. The entire meeting I spend avoiding his gaze, and now I look right into his eyes trying not to scream.
"Our secret bases" I utter.
"They know where is the main base, you really think they don't know all the other bases?" he says as if I'm the dumbest human being on the planet.
"We don't know that"
"I'm on Don Dalois' side this time." Elena says, "We are going to stay here and be on guard"
Is she supporting him?
Something is not right here, but I don't dare to put a word after hers. The decision was clear. We are going to stay here and be prepared for attack. The rest of the meeting and also the entire day we spent drawing tactics of defense. It was decided that we're going to place groups of assassin around the area. And shifts are going to change every 12 hours. Elena gave me the morning shift.
What can i say? Privileged life.
The meeting is over. I say goodbye to Elena and Marc and leave the hall. As I walk out of the hall, I turn my face to the left. He's leaning on the wall, his hands crossed. He runs his eyes from my feet to my face.
"Let's go" he commands.
Is he serious?
"I'm not going anywhere with you"
"Can you just do as your told for once?" he hisses.
"No, i can't" I snap,"And I'm going home"
"Bene, it's either you walk to the car by yourself or im dragging you there"
He's joking.
"You wouldn't" He must be joking.
"You wanna find out?" He looks right into my soul, burning it with his flames.
Nope,he's not joking , so without any single word I direct myself to the entrance. He sighs in relief and follows me.
"I am perfectly able to open a door myself" I complain for no reason, when he opens the cars door as he usually does.
"Just get into the motherfucking car, Aurora" he growls.
I get in and proudly smile knowing that I deliberately annoyed him. He sits on the drivers seat and now we're on the road. This is not the first time I'm in his car, but I get anxious ever. My feet start to tremble. He glances at my feet and looks away couple of times and suddenly places his hand on my thigh. Steadying it. I quietly inhaled, and move his hand away. He frowns and put his hand back. I looked at him with dont-fucking-touch-me and move his hand again. He puts it back.
What the fuck?
"Baby, i know we have some issues, but don't remove my hand, especially when I haven't touched you in days" he says in his deep, gentle voice.
I scoff and look out of the window. No matter how much I try to pretend that I don't want him to touch me, in sad reality I do. I got addicted to his touch.
To this man, in general.
Christian has a very bilateral influence on me. Sometimes he calms me and makes me feel safe in his embrace. But the other times I want to rip his head off. Today we gonna face the second option. Another huge fight is ahead.
We reach his villa. He parks his car and we walk out of it. We take off our shoes, when we entered villa, as usual. He has thing for shoes in the house. He absolutely hates it. They leave dirty all around the house and he can't stand it, so we walk bare feet here.
Perfectionist freak.
I feel a sudden thirst, so I walk to the kitchen tap. Christian silently follows me.
"So where is your car, again?" he asks.
"Why is that your concern, again?"
Am I doing this on purpose? Definitely.
"Aurora" he growls.
Oddio, I want to stab him right now.
"Its broken" I say, taking a cup from the cupboard.
"Stop.Lying" he walks toward me.
"I.am.not" I hiss.
Our eyes lock for a moment.
"Why don't you trust me?" He says in softer tone.
"Why would I?" The words slip out of my mouth. I regret them immediately, but I'm too angers to stop. I start to fill the cup with water.
"What do you mean?" His jaw clench.
"You are a Don of another mafia family, and I barely know you" I higher my tone, "So why don't you fool another girl around, huh? For example, i don't know, Celia."
"What about her?" He tilts his head.
"Oh don't play obtuse" I say, "I saw you two today."
He smirk. He fucking smirks.
"What's so amusing, Christian?"
"You" he says, "You're jealous"
"What?" His audacity boiled my blood, "I am not"
Liar.
My inner voice whispers.
"She can have you all, if she wishes to" I say.
"Admit it" he demands.
I press my lips together in annoyance.
"Do you think it was pleasurable for me?" I ask, "Seeing you touching her that way,talking to her that way?"
He tilts his head.
"It wasn't supposed to be pleasurable, Aurora" he explains casually, "It was a punishment, revenge, if you will?"
What the actual motherfucking hell?
"Revenge?Punishment?Why?Why would you want to do that?" I press him, "Why you wanted to punish me?"
"For acting like a complete whore!" he shouts.
He didn't.
How could he say that?How he dared after I told him about my past?How my life was like? Anger takes over my body and I just slush water to his face. Merda.
He closes his and does the jaw thing. He wipes his face with his hand and looks at me. Furiously. He takes a step forward. A random burst of fear fills my body and throw the cup right into his face.
Yeah, very smart, Aurora.
It falls on the floor and breaks, while Christian takes the steps faster and I walk backwards with the same speed.
"Non mi toccare!" I scream when he takes me by my waist and presses me on the wall. I hit his chest, but he doesn't even flinch. He tries to take my wrist to keep me still, but I push him away and try to run without even looking where I put my steps.(don't touch me)
"Attento!"he exclaimed.(careful)
In a second, my feet are beyond the floor and his arms are around me. I'm pressed to another wall. Not knowing what to do I slap him. He called me something, I've been called a lot. Something that only Elena understood , and did everything to keep it a secret. I trusted him, like I did with Elena. That was a mistake.
He raises his fist and hits the wall Judy few inches away from my head. I hear the wall cracking. I glance at the whole he just made and shudder.
Was that supposed to be me?
Did he want to hit me?
"I give a minute to leave my house" he hisses and looks at me. "Take my car, I'll ask someone to bring it back later"
"Gladly" I snap and walk under his hand.
I don't even bother to wear my shoes. I just grab his keys and leave, taking his car as he says. As I'm driving his car, i start to feel overwhelmed. I feel so many things at the same time. Anger tears start to blur my vision so much i barely see the road now. Few cars pass by honking and cursing at me. Cursing back at them I grab the steering wheel so tight my knuckles turn white. I'm making a smart decision to park somewhere. I start to scream, hysterically hitting the wheel. My behavior makes me laugh. And I do, before bursting into tears.
Does love feel like this?
Does it really have to?
I have never felt so angry and devastated. How could I let him to get under my skin so much?
Don't let him get into your head.
Sofias voices echoed in my head.
"I'm sorry Sofia, he is in my head" I whisper to myself, before going back on the road.
I reach to my house. I leave the keys in car and direct my steps to my house. I fall on my bed and collapse again. I cry for an hour or two, before falling asleep, realizing that he is not only in my head, but also in my heart.
The heart that the devil broke himself.