9.

...

—————

Seungmin smiled at the leader as he took his headphones off, the recording session stopping seconds after his angelic voice echoed the last words of the song he had chosen to cover. He pulled his hoodie up again, feeling embarrassed at the way Changbin looked at him from the couch.

"What, midget?"

The shorter didn't even react, didn't even get mad, he simply shook his head, mouth slightly open.

"We all know you're good but, god damn, Seungmin you manage to surprise me every single time you open your mouth."

"Is that a compliment I'm hearing?" Seungmin wiggled his eyebrows, teasing the rapper, but once again the shorter simply shrugged.

"I'm in a good mood today, don't worry, won't repeat itself a lot of times."

"Changbin is right though, you sounded great! Auch-" Jisung covered his head as the older tried to slap his neck again. "What is wrong with you?"

"Changbin Hyung, you brat!"

The youngest member of 3racha rolled his eyes as Chan chuckled, turning his chair around to look at them as Seungmin let himself fall on the couch as well.

"You did amazing, Seung, this might be one of your simplest, and yet most beautiful covers." The shorter smiled at the leader, pulling the sleeves of his hoodie down as a reflex.

Chan smiled at the gesture, he had learned that the younger tended to do that when he was excited, feeling like he could jump and scream like a kid.

He felt happy.

"How about we go join the others and you two stop fighting?" Chan looked over at the other members as they still argued. "We'll pick up Felix, Minho and Hyunjin from the practice room and see if Innie's headache is gone, then we could all listen to it together before we release it to Stays."

Changbin got up instantly, running to the door and opening it in a second, giving Jisung the finger.

"Last to get to them is cleaning the bathroom this week."

"Not fair, you are- Changbin when I get to you you're so-"

They both ran off, and Chan and Seungmin stood there, laughing at the other's mess.

Seungmin watched with a smile on his face as Chan locked the door, calmly walking with him to the lower floor.

"Changbin has been so happy these last few weeks, anything special?"

Chan snorted, spinning the keys in his finger.

"He's working on some player with Felix, and thinking of subtle ways to show the fans they are a thing, you know Valentine's Day is coming." The younger nodded. "They're doing some disgustingly sweet song and releasing it then."

"And the company is okay with it?"

Chan shrugged.

"When has the company even stopped Seo Changbin?"