Dark Angels are too seductive 11

It was late when they got to the castle tired and hungry from their cloud fight. “You know, you never told me when it would start, the prophecy,” I added the last part seeing her confused look. “Oh.” That was all she uttered and I waited patiently. “The moon seems so close,” I murmur, staring at the silvery orb that I felt I could reach out.

“We don’t know.” I turn to stare at her. “You know all that but you don’t know when?” I asked, surprised. She merely nodded before retracting her wings and walking, no, floating to the front doors. “Come on, we probably worried them enough.” I followed slowly, not sure what to do. Was I going to betray everyone? Huh, everything is so different! It’s not even a few days and I feel like twenty years have passed. Was it only the day before yesterday I went to the beach?

Sighing, I stride into the big room and am immediately crushed in a hug. “I was so worried about you Serene,” my mother sobbed, rubbing her face against mine. I smiled softly, overlooking the fact that she was squeezing me so hard I thought my eyes would pop. “I’m fine, I’m fine.” She untangled herself from me but still clutched my hand. “How did it go? Did they bully you?” she asked, frantically looking me over for any injuries.

“Not really, unless you call touching some one with no concern for personal space whatsoever bullying,” I say cheerfully and she nearly faints. “They touched you! How could you let them!” she yelled. “Well, I had no choice; he was a lot stronger than me! Besides, it’s rude to attack some one in their own home, isn’t it?” I say and she merely sighs. “But still, they shouldn’t have touched you,” she mumbled, refusing to drop it.

“That doesn’t matter at the moment to me, what matters is the prophecy.” Her head jerked up sharply, her dark blue eyes narrowing. “What do you mean?” I pondered if I should tell or not, her reaction right now was not very encouraging at the moment. “I heard it and I want to know, is it really true? Will I, no, we kill each other?” I ask and she looks away. “I have no idea what you are talking about; you might have heard the wrong prophecy. There are many people who will feed you lies to destroy you and cloud your mind with doubt.” Cloud my mind with doubt? Then, was Bella lying to me?

Makes sense, we were enemies like the prophecy stated…wait! That could also be a lie. What was the truth? Why is everyone being so damn secretive over this! They expect me to figure it out and then stop it? Do they know what it feels like to be kept in the dark not knowing what will happen to you when others do? In fact, how do we even know there is a prophecy? Leave it to some one to get me pulled into this crazy place.

‘Hello.’ I shrieked out loud and everyone turned to stare. “Are you alright Serenity,” my mother asked concerned. Valeria appeared upon hearing the noise with Bella right after. “You sure have a voice, I heard that all the way down the hall!” she said, rubbing her ears for emphasis. “Something just spoke in my mind,” I said shakily, staring up with wide frightened eyes.

Immediately Valeria and Bella were at my side. “What do you mean something spoke in your mind?” Valeria asked sharply, pushing her glasses up. “I don’t know, it just said ‘hello’ and went silent.” The three glanced at each other worriedly. “Did he, do anything to you?” Valeria asked. “Jake,” she added after seeing my confused glance. “Uh, no, I don’t think so.” I thought back and didn’t see anything he could have done to make me hear something in my head.

“Don’t lie to me, am I going crazy?” I asked and they burst out laughing. “It’s not funny!” I say indignantly, my pride being hurt by each laugh. “Sorry but, it’s just funny,” Bella said, wiping at fake tears. “Whatever, are you going to tell me something?” I ask and Valeria sighed. “I think you have a bond,” she said and my mother shrieked. “My baby!” she shouted, running at me again. I evaded her easily this time.