Chapter 2

The alarm clock rings out, waking me from my deep slumber.

"Hello Moshi," I said to the alarm clock.

"Command please," replied the clock.

"Time," I mumbled.

I sighed. this was going to be quite a long day.

"6:30 am," said Moshi.

"Thank you," I grumbled, slightly annoyed.

"You're welcome," replied the clock, in it's monotone voice.

'Blegh! I just wanna go back to bed. Back to my wonderful bed, back to my wonderful dream...' I thought.

I climb out of bed and adjust my robe. Overnight, the belt had loosened, exposing my skin to the cold air. I reached into my closet and picked out something casual; Today I was wearing a band tee and skinny jeans.

I walked down the hall into the bathroom and turned on the light. An array of bright lights flash on, ruining my night vision. I reach for the hairbrush off of the counter and begin untangling my rat's nest.

'I really can't believe Dylan is interested in someone like me, he must be just playing me. Yes, that's it. He's playing me.'

When my hair was relieved of its tangles, I plugged in my straightener. I took the maximum hold hair spray and my rat-tooth comb out of the cabinet along with my eyeliner, foundation and mascara.

'I guess I'll go along with it. If this is the only way I can have him, then so be it.'

I separated a section of my hair and began to straighten it. Section by section, the frizziness decreases and it becomes straight and smooth. I take a piece of the top layer, spray the roots, and back comb it. 15 minutes later I'm done, and my arms hurt like hell.

I put on several coats of mascara. While waiting for it to dry, I apply my foundation, two shades lighter than my natural skin tone. After that, I apply black eyeliner along my waterline, and a thick line above my eye, covering about 2/3 of my eyelid, and coming to a wing at the end.

I hold my hair back and brush my teeth, pop my pills, and I'm ready to go. I grab my books off the counter and get in the car.

When I arrive at school, I see Dylan pulling into the parking lot. I smile to myself and sigh.

'Oh, if only that dream was true,' I thought.

Dylan began walking towards me and waves nonchalantly. He lifts one corner of his mouth in a sort-of smile. He holds the door for me, and we both walk inside.

"What happened yesterday was pretty chill," he offered. "I'd like to do that again sometime."

I feel my heart begin to race and anxiety overcome me.

"Well yeah, that was nice," I laughed awkwardly, nervous as could be.

He takes my hand and kisses it before dropping it back at my side carelessly. I yawn. He's so cute.

"School is gross," he said, emotionless.

"And to add to that, it's a Tuesday." I manage to mumble before letting out another yawn. He walks me down the hall.

We stop outside my classroom. He kisses me on the forehead and says goodbye as he walks to his class. I walk in, and everyone is staring at me.