Chapter 58: Seperated

"So... I still have the car from the quest we did to get the Lighting Bolt. Why is your mother giving us a lift?" I ask Percy softly as Mrs. Jackson was driving us to the school. We were all huddled together as she drove us to the school, which was eight hours away from New York.

The drive itself was pretty okay. Percy's mother is very kind and understanding. I can already see why Poseidon would love such a woman. She reminds me a bit of my own mother, but is less energetic when it comes to involving other people's lives. Alexandra would have been going head first into asking my friends questions about their lives. Luckily, Mrs. Jackson was more relaxed about it.

"Because she offered and I couldn't refuse..." he answers me in a soft tone. "I see."

Thalia rubbed the car window a bit with the sleeve of her jacket to remove the condense. It is cold as winter is in full swing again. Further, where we are by going is also rather high up for some reason. I wonder what this place looked like.

"Wow, this will be fun," Thalia says as she smirks a bit. Her gaze goes to a large castle that comes into view. It is big and dark looking. This castle reminds me a bit of how I would imagine Dracula's castle. I wonder why someone would make it such an evil-looking castle. Can't be a good sign. As the car comes to a stop, Mrs. Jackson turns her gaze towards us.

"Are you sure don't want me to wait?" She asks. Percy shakes his head in response. "No, thanks, mom. We'll be okay, this may take some time," Percy says to her.

"But how will you get back? I'm worried," she says to him. What a woman. I can see why Percy wanted her back from Hades. She is a great person.

"No need to worry, Mrs. Jackson. He has us to keep him out of trouble," Annabeth says with a reassuring smile. "Indeed. We have so far," I added. Sally sighs a bit but nods in understanding.

"Alright, dears, do you have everything you need?" She asks. "We have, Mrs. Jackson. Thanks for giving us a ride," Thalia says. She nods a bit but continues.

"Extra sweaters? Do you have my cellphone number?"

"Mom-" Percy tries to say, but Sally continues. "Your ambrosia and nectar, Percy? And a drachma for if you need to contact camp?" She continues to ask.

Percy was becoming a bit embarrassed about her worrying nature. I just smile as I remember my mother when she was sending me to a camp with the school. It was practically the same. The worry of a mother.

"Mom, seriously, we'll be fine. Come one, guys. Let's go," Percy says and opens the door to get out. Sally looked a bit hurt at the reaction but sighs in understanding.

"I'll remind him to send a message to let you know how he is doing, Mrs. Jackson. You have nothing to worry about. Thank you, for giving us a ride," I assured her. She smiles a bit and is relaxed by the looks of it. "Thank you, dear."

As we all were out of the car, we waited till Sally's car was out of sight before going inside. "Your mother is pretty cool," Thalia says as we see the car dipping under the horizon. "She's pretty okay. How about you? Ever get in touch with your mom?"

It made her angry and very displeased as if it was the most hurtful thing she ever heard. I can imagine why. She probably discovered her mother died. I know exactly how she feels. From what I gathered, she was not the greatest mother, but you always care for your mother no matter the relation.

"It's okay, Thalia. No need to crush him today," I say to calm her down. "Come, we better get inside," Annabeth quickly added to my statement. Thalia sighs to let her growing anger leave her. You can say a lot about her, but she is pretty good at controlling her emotions.