S1, E6: Gone, Gustav, Gone

At last, the Edge has been completed. Aside from watchtowers that Astrid keeps insisting on, with good reason. Well, we need watchers but the Night Terrors might be able to help with that.

With construction completed, we all lounge about as we wait stock up for our next exploration. Fishlegs has been trying to take note of the different species on the island. We have the common Nadders, Gronckles, a couple Nightmares, a Zippleback or two, and of course the Night Terrors.

The Twins have been trying to find boars for their boar pit that won't escape. The amount of boars that have found ways to escape would blow Bucket's bucket clean off his head. Snotlout, when not being tricked into being boar bait, has been trying to find more and more ludicrous ways to keep his S from falling off his door.

Astrid has been using our training arena to help keep her skills as sharp as her axe. Aside from her constant training, we spend all the time together. We walk around the Edge, letting Saviour and myself become accustomed to the new environment. Thank goodness for the guard rails, or I would have walked myself off one of the platforms.

When I'm not going on secret dates with the perfect woman, I'm either cooking for everyone (not easy work) or helping Hiccup with whatever projects. Stuff like finding a way to have a steady amount of fish for the dragons and helping with the Dragon Eye.

Now you'd think that being blind would make it impossible to study projections. And you'd be right. However, without Fishlegs to bounce ideas off of, Hiccup brainstorms with me. It was because of me that we found the map to something on a new island.

Well that didn't work out so well, so maybe I shouldn't be the one doing this. Anyway, I've hopefully helped in some way.

Hiccup removes the lense from the Dragon Eye and blows on it, hoping it would reveal more information.

"Okay, give me a slow burn, bud." Hiccup says to Toothless. The Strike class dragon opens his jaw and holds plasma in his mouth.

"What do you see?" I ask, Saviour draped around my neck.

"Well I've seen this before, but what happens if I push— Cool! Dragon classes." Hiccup says.

"Interesting." I say. "Whoever made the Dragon Eye must have know a lot about dragons. More than Bork."

"Maybe they have more about Night Furies." Hiccup suggests. "What do you say we check out the Night Fury, bud?"

Toothless, after swallowing the plasma, groans thoroughly prepared for nothing.

"Jeez, Toothless. Try to contain your excitement." I chuckle.

Toothless laughs, before settling back down.

"Now, Monstrous Nightmare gem plus Night Fury equals..." Hiccup says as he clicks buttons and twists the switches. "... nothing. Okay."

My face lights up as I hear familiar running footsteps and the door to Hiccup's hut swings up.

"Oh! Astrid Class." Hiccup jokes, causing me to chuckle as I get up.

I rush over to my girlfriend, tripping over a couple things and getting caught by Astrid as I get close. "Babe! I missed you!"

"I missed you too." Astrid says, before turning to Hiccup. "Hiccup, we have a problem. A huge problem."

"Dagur?"

"Worse."

I start to hear the flapping of Monstrous Nightmare wings.

"What could be worse than Dagur?" Hiccup asks.