3. Rising Together

Hi, there! Yooooooooo, the movie was insaaaane! My heart skipped a beat during several scenes. They really gave us tons of Leo angst, huh? Now I want to write more fanfics about what happened at the final battle.

Anyway, finally I finished this, hehe. I wanted to post it before the movie's release, but I couldn't finish it on time. The reason it took me so long to finish writing this was because this chapter had lots of dialogue and I just wasn't satisfied and kept rewriting a lot of them over and over again. This one is officially the longest chapter of this fanfic and the most emotional one. I also wanted to make some art for a specific scene from here, but I didn't have time. Maybe I can start working on it soon.

It should be noted that this chapter was finished yesterday, before watching the movie in the afternoon, but I could not publish it because I was all day talking about how great the film was. It broke my heart during several scenes, but I loved it.

Read and enjoy!

* * * * * *

Rising Together

Raph wished Mikey wouldn't have been the first one to see Leo, not because he wanted to be the first one to get to him, but because it was gonna be really hard and painful for everyone, especially for someone as sensitive as Mikey. The youngest turtle had jumped out of Raph's arms once Donnie said he had located their missing brother. Mikey ran past his oldest brothers and went straight around the corner where the entrance of the warehouse was. Ignoring his own injuries, he kicked the door down and ran inside.

He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw him.

"LEO!" The young turtle ran up to the unmoving form of his brother, crouching low once he reached him.

Even though he was the one who wanted to see his brother the most, Raphael slowed down his pace, letting everyone else run past him. He was afraid. He didn't know how Leo would look after that nasty fall. For the first time in his life he felt like his legs were failing him, he was frozen in place and his hands were shaking.

"SON!" Splinter cried at the sight of his missing kid. The elder rat kneeled down, eyes filled with tears, and picked his son's head up. The slider's breathing was shallow and he was sweating as if there was a fire around him, "Leonardo..."

He was alive.

Leo was alive, but it looked that he took quite a beating, courtesy of Krang Prime. How did he survive such a fall? Raph didn't know, but he was glad to see his brother was still alive... barely.

April got closer to Splinter, fear in her eyes. She had never seen Leo or any of the turtles like this, and the fact that he was still alive and in one piece was incredible.

Casey was petrified at the sight of Leo lying limp on the ground, the handle of the katana slipping from his grasp and making a CLANK sound that echoed inside the whole place.

This felt like a déjà vu, like he was reliving those awful moments before being sent to the past. It was as if he was seeing his sensei die again.

And he couldn't do anything to save him.

"Master Leonardo?" He said in a whisper, still unable to move.

Meanwhile, Donnie was scanning Leo with his goggles. What he saw made his blood run cold. His brother had sustained multiple fractures, a mild concussion, a nasty stab wound on his left arm, and multiple bruises and scratches all over his body, even on his shell and plastron. At least there were no signals of a cracked shell. That's when he noticed the purple root tied around Leo's left arm. He let out a gasp when he realized what had happened.