13: Dreams

***
Playlist songs for the chapter:
Dreams- Robot Koch

Chapters & other writings will probably be short from here on out. I've loved writing this but my life is getting very eventful and busy. -cringe- Uuuuugh sorry guys.
Thank you for your votes nonetheless...! I hope you enjoy!

***

"You look dead, Marz, no offense. Are you good?"

As one of the regulars of my local grocer, I was friendly-familiar with a few of the lady cashiers. This particular one must've noticed my dark eye circles and messy bun, sporting zero makeup, revealing the blonde roots under black dyed hair. I sure as hell felt as if I were falling to pieces, but I guess I must've looked the part, too. She eyed me with concern, swiping veggies to scan.

I lifted one eyebrow. "Aw, Maria, it's a full moon. You know what that means." My expression remained dull, voice toned with fake excitement. She just chuckled.

The excuse was partially legit. Since the last morbid attempt at projecting into the Backrooms, anxiety had made itself a home in my mind come nighttime. I felt perpetually trapped between needing sleep and fearing having the same gruesome experience that Nazarius might or might not have gone through.

"You just go home and get yourself some sleep, you hear?" She handed me the last bag.

"Yes ma'am." I took my groceries out the door with me that evening and drove myself home.

Nazarius

Remaining completely sprawled out flat beneath the sunny window, Nazarius' injured vessel attempted to carry out a type of self-healing protocol, leaving him in a deep sleep. His body rested in what seemed to be a safe, indoor field of soft green grass, and some sparse wildflowers.

In his subconscious he could feel the warmth from the artificial sunlight, and as he focused on it, a dreamscape formed in his inner eye. Grass fields began to open for miles, and the warm sunshine spread out over the land that was now in front of him. As his vision cleared, a slight breeze began to drift overhead.

Something in him told Nazarius to whirl around. What he saw parted his jaws slightly in shock and awe.

Marzena was walking towards him, her long black hair ruffled by the breeze. A long red skirt flowed down her bottom half, topped by a black spaghetti-strap.

She looked up at him and grinned, her body and eyes glowing with a type of aura as her hips swayed gently with her gait. Immediately Nazarius jetted into a gallop, elated bellows and deep whinnies escaping his chest.

The two collided, Nazarius slowed as to not hurt her, and tucked the woman into his chest, bringing his hindquarters to the ground in a sitting position. He pulled her in with a front leg, and nuzzled his entire skull up and down her frame, rumbling happily the entire time. She wrapped her arms around as much of his neck as she could, hands not even close to touching. Nazarius' sides heaved with the short burst of overwhelming energy he had just spent.

Marzena started talking, but Nazarius' dream senses were fading out. The words that came out were foggy and scrambled. As he pulled away, he narrowed his eyes to keep his sight. The last thing he saw were her grey eyes staring back, as well as her hand reaching out for him.