1. Lost Hope

Hello, my dear readers! Due to the hype for the new Rise of the TMNT Movie coming out on August 5th, I wanted to write my own version of what I think it would happen in that scene where Leo is falling from the sky (my poor boy!). This fic will have three chapters: two of them are finished and I must finish the third one before the movie releases. So while I finish it, enjoy reading the first two ones.

P.S.: English isn't my first language, so you might find several mistakes.

* * * * * *

1

Lost Hope

Leo knew it was a no return mission, suicide. But he had to be the one to do it, none of his brothers were in condition to fight, and he was already there... It's what a leader does: protect the team, his family.

In order for his brothers to live, he has to die.

"Please, Leo, there has to be another way," pleaded Raph through his com. Leo only listened in silence, "We'll figure this out!"

"Raph, there's no time," answered Leo while struggling to keep his voice from breaking, "You barely made it out of the Krang's infection, and Mikey and Donnie are in no shape to fight. I have to do this."

"But-"

"Dad was wrong about me," the slider seemed to have accepted his fate, "You should've kept being the leader."

"Leo..."

"This mess is all my fault. It's because of me that you and Donnie are gone in the future! I let you get infected by the Krang, I let Mikey get hurt, I let Casey down... What kind of leader does that?"

"Leo, please," Raph was struggling a lot to hold his tears, "You don't have to do this."

"Hey? It'll be okay," said Leo while turning off his com. If he didn't do it right now, he would second guess himself, and that was something he couldn't do, not now that he was so close to putting an end to this catastrophe.

"Leo? Leo!" Despite all his attempts to reach out to his brother, it was no use. All he could hear from the other side of the com was static.

Raph turned to look at his two youngest brothers with watery eyes. They shared the same concerned look as his. Even being hurt, Mikey was more worried about Leo than himself; it was understandable. Donnie, who was holding Mikey and tending to his wounds, was speechless for the first time in his life. Even though he wasn't so open about his feelings, especially about Leo, he cared about him, and was as worried as the rest of his brothers. He had called Leo reckless before, but this was another level. The dumb-dumb was going to get himself killed, especially since he didn't have his mystic powers anymore. Without his Ninpo, it would be a deadly challenge to face whatever was inside the Technodrome.

They couldn't do anything more than wait and pray that his brother would make it out alive.

* * *

He was blinded by the light of the explosion, the sound leaving a temporary ring in his ears. When he entered the Technodrome, he wasn't expecting to find a huge mecha controlled by none other than Krang Prime. The design of the armor brought back really bad memories: it looked a lot like the Shredder, but with a long whip-like tail with something that looked like a stinger at the end, and one single sickly red eye. Inside of it was one of the Krang. It didn't look larger than the rest, but it was surely more terrifying due to his left eye being bright red like the one its armor had.