chapter eight

chapter eight
━━ cookies

      Today was the day

      Today was the day. It was going to be a day of the Villain Kids potion Ben with the chocolate chip cookies that happened to be laced with a love potion. The nerves were building up in Eloise, knowing she had to lie to Ben and act as if nothing was happening with the cookies, but then questions ran through her head: what if the cookies don't work? What if he finds out?

      All the answers to Eloise's questions would jeopardize her place within Auradon, a place that she had wanted to be in forever. And now, because of the evil thoughts and actions of her parents, her wishes are soon to be crushed with one single cookie. Eloise always wanted a change in her life and Auradon was the place to do that — she knew that she wasn't built for the Isle; she was full of being sickly sweet and having a bubbly personality.

      When she reached outside, Jay linked his arm around her shoulder so they could walk to Mal's locker together. All the girls below were welcoming Mal and admitted how they loved their changed appearances. "Are you feeling kind of weird about this? I mean, it's not so bad here, you know. . ." Jay began to talk.

       Finally, someone said what Eloise was thinking out loud. Although Mal wasn't the easiest to talk to, she was brainwashed with wanting to please her mother which made her evil. "Are you insane? Long live evil! You're mean, you're awful. You're bad news. Snap out of it," With the click of her finger, Jay was bought back to 'reality.'

       "Thanks, Mal, I needed that," Jay announced before Eloise rolled her eyes as she removed his arm from her shoulder. "You two are going to be the death of me. . ." Eloise whispered before Jay shrugged his shoulders and made his way towards the girl, greeting them over the balcony. And, of course, they fell for his charming looks.

       "You don't think the same as him, right?" Mal asked as she turned to Eloise, holding the plastic bag of cookies. "Um, no, why would I?" Eloise lied. She touched the back of her neck before Mal shoved the cookies into her hands, smiling as she did so, "Good. Now make sure 'Bennyboo' eats these, okay?"

      Mal knew what she was doing. She was testing Eloise. The blonde-haired girl sighed as she watched Mal walk away and join Evie from afar, "Oh, no." Eloise turned away once noticing Ben walking towards her, then she looked over at Mal. She needed to do this. Eloise turned back around before offering Ben a fake smile, one he returned back.

"What you got there?" Ben asked, Eloise, held up the bag before shaking it slightly as she twisted her head. "I made some cookies with Evie, double chocolate chip, I think. Evie was upset, so I decided to work my magic," Eloise smiled before shaking her head in distress after realizing what she had said, "Not literally!"

Then come to their chuckles, Eloise bit her lip nervously before opening the bag and looking up at Ben; meeting his hazel eyes. "Do you want one? I need someone to taste test," Eloise offered before Ben shook his head, watching as Eloise's expression dropped into a saddened expression when he declined. "I'm not supposed to eat before a game. But, for you, I'll try one," Said Ben before taking the cookie from Eloise and biting into it.

       They had never tried a love potion before so Eloise was interested in how it would affect Ben. She watched him chew the cookie and swallow it before his lips curled into a smile, turning his head to meet Eloise. "Are they good?" Asked the blonde-haired girl.

       Ben nodded his head slowly. "Yeah, they're good. . . The chocolate is still warm, so it melts in your mouth! And, um, oh, you're eyes are so beautiful! Have you always been so pretty?" Ben asked before Eloise chuckled, taking the cookie from his fingertips before he slightly caught her hand in his palm.

      Eloise turned her head down to their joined fingers, watching as Jay come from behind Ben and placed his hands on his shoulders. "How are you feeling?" Jay asked Ben. His eyes did not leave Eloise once. "What have we done?" Eloise whispered to Evie as the blue-haired girl tried not to laugh in response to the situation.

       "I feel like singing your name. Eloise! Eloise—" He was cut off from his singing when Eloise covered his mouth with her hand, Ben slightly 'cuddling' his face into her palm before she pulled away. "This was a bad idea," Eloise replied as she pulled away from Ben and walked off with Jay. "Very bad idea," Jay agreed before they shared smiles with one another.

       Sitting on the benches, Eloise watched as they played their game. Winning the game. Eloise stood with Mal and Evie, cheering loudly as they encouraged the team with their ability to win. Jay and Ben work together amazingly to win, Carlos helping along the way. "Who knew Carlos could do that?" Mal asked Eloise before she furrowed her brows when Ben grabbed the microphone.

      "Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please?" The cheering died down, and everyone stopped to turn their attention to Ben. "There's something I'd like to say. Give me an 'E', give me an 'L', give me an 'O', give me an 'I', give me an 'S', give me an 'E.' What does that spell?" Ben shouted as everyone followed his actions to the letters of the words.

       Eloise wanted to disappear. She wanted to escape as everyone chanted her name, realizing what Ben had spelled. "I love you, Eloise, did I mention that? Give me a beat!" Oh, no. Songs, singing, and dancing were not Eloise's type of thing so when she heard the beat break out, she had to leave the area; immediately.