The path to power

YOUR POV

Sitting in devimons cell wasn't fun the meal was amazing but that was yesterday, I didn't sleep well either cold rocky ground isn't the best. I prefer carpet, even that cheap thin one that you glue on the ground would be better than this.

Y/n: ugh, I miss my bed, my air conditioning, my cheap ramen packs, and my tv. I'm shocked I even got this far...

Yeah, I was talking to myself. but don't we all, I heard footsteps coming my way and I look to see devimon at my cell door...again.

Y/n: what now? lanky...

Devimon: stop with your stupid- whatever, Im here to help you

Y/n: with what? I don't think you can get me back home, can you?

Devimon:...

Y/n: that's what I thought

Devimon: your powers might be able to get you home if you let me train you

Y/n: come again? why didn't you say that A DAY AGO?

I stood up even though it killed my body to do and grabbed the cell bars

Y/n: GET ME OUT OF THIS CELL I WANT TO GO HOME!

Devimon: that worked better than I thought....alright then

Devimon snapped his fingers and we were teleported to a room that was just tile, all stone tile the walls the ceiling everything, and it was lit by a few candles and a chandelier. I looked around in confusion wondering where this place came from.

y/n: what is this?

Devimon: this is your training room, defeat these Digimon and make your way up to beat me

Y/n: I'm fighting Digimon? is this your best way of training?

Devimon: of course, good luck

Devimon disappeared into the shadows and a bunch of baby Digimon started walking out of the shadowy corners of the room.

Devimon: here have a weapon

A bat fell on the ground, making the baby Digimon pay attention to me, but I had a weapon. meh? I picked the bat up as the Digimon got into the light they had black gears in them all.

Y/n: oh hell...well, I've always wanted to beat up some kindergarteners

one of the Digimon jumped at me and I hit it away and the black gear dissapeared

Y/n: they don't normally do that...

I kicked another Digimon and the same thing happened to the gear again

Y/n: interesting... this'll be fun

I put on a smile and started beating the shit out of the baby Digimon. sure they had concussions but they weren't evil anymore, lose-win situation? yeah, we'll say that...

*TIMESKIP*

I was halfway through all of the Digimon, and the ones I beat were passed out on the ground. I was way more tired than I thought I would be, yesterday took the life out of me and THIS dear god. I leaned on my bat and took a couple of breaths of air before hitting two more Digimon away, The strain on my body was unreal. my legs gave in to the pain and I fell to my knees.

Y/n: o-ow, why is this so difficult. my body can't take this much action each day, I DONT DO SPORTS

One of the Digimon pounced on my shoulder knocking my overworked body to the ground I groaned in annoyance as I got up.  I couldn't believe I was being this weak right now, I knocked the shit out of the Digimon and planted the one on my face into the ground.