Dare PT 1

When Ben came back it was peaceful, but awkward. A whole month without him, with so many changes. It all just felt different then before, it's like he was an outcast. We are all fine with the new Ben, but that meant new US too. We were somewhat comfortable, taking different times for watching out for Dino's, playing games, eating together, talking about our home lives.

That hasn't clicked with Ben yet. Ben eats alone, Ben goes out for berries and grubs while we tell stories, ben goes to bed or takes a walk with bumpy while we play games after the sun sets and the heat of the campfire keeps us warm. There's nothing wrong with him wanting to be alone sometimes, He always talks to us, it's just in those moments he seems so distant.

I think, in this case, it worked out.

3rd person:

Kenji sat on his knees, slowly blowing at the fire so it would grow. The smell of the fire was an old smell of past fires and the new aroma of fresh wood.

"Alright gals and pals, the fire has officially began, we don't got s'mores but we do got small hot dogs to roast. Let's get game night started!!" Sammy huffed as she started placing six logs around the campfire.

"Y'all have fun, I'm going on a walk with bumpy, she's really aggravated by fires. She stress eats, so we are gonna get some berries." Ben said, as he slowly tried shoving bumpy Into the woods. It was a very obvious lie, bumpy didn't seem to want to move at all. She groaned with every nudge Ben gave her.

No one was going to say anything about Ben's obvious lying every time it was game night. Darius turned to Brooklyn, who turned to Kenji, who turned to Yaz, who turned to Sammy. One after another they all said nothing, until it got to Sammy. Sammy was always the clueless of the bunch, never taking a hint.

"Why no Ben!! you should join our game today. Bumpy will be fine! she looks super tired." Sammy rushed over to where ben was pushing bumpy and waved him to a seat near the camp fire.

"You should just let him go, he just doesn't want to hang out with the uncool kids" Kenji scoffed, giving Ben an unamused look. Brooklyn looked at him giving him a "stfu" look then shoved him.

"Oh no that's not it, it's just bumpy..." Ben was muttering until he turned around to find bumpy already sleeping, clearly his lie wasn't working out for him today. "You know what never mind, I'm sure it will be fun"

Everyone sat down in a circle. it went: Darius, ben, Kenji, Brooklyn, Yaz, Sammy, then back to Darius. Everyone was holding a stick to put their hotdog on, but Ben.

"Here you can use mine, I usually burn my hotdogs anyway" Darius said while handing Ben his stick.

"Thanks.."

Yaz, who had already started roasting her hotdog, asked "so what game are we playing tonight? Guess the drawing, charades, twenty questions? Who's turn is it to pick?"

Everyone thought for a second, then looked at Ben, technically it would be Kenji's turn but this is Ben's first time playing.

"Ummm I'd rather not pick a game for my first time.." Ben said while scratching the back of this neck, clearly awkward.

"YESSS, MY TURN KIDS" Kenji yelled, making bumpy groan from being woken up. "We are playing truth or dare tonight" he said while doing a evil face.

"Leave it up to Kenji to make Ben's first time a nightmare" Brooklyn groaned

"We could play spin the bottle instead if you want, although y'all kids might not be able to handle it" Kenji said while grinning

"I'd take my chances with Truth or Dare" Yaz said