Chapter 15- Pool Day

"Hey mom." I say as I make my way downstairs. My mom is in the kitchen with her purse in hand. She must be going somewhere.

"Where are you going?" I ask as I sit down on one of the counter stools.

"Nowhere." She says in a suspicious tone.

"Mom now you have to tell me." I say, looking over to her.

"Fine, I'm going to have a spa day with your aunt Susan." She says. That's what she was hiding?

"Okay cool. Why couldn't I know that?" I question, confused.

"Because then you might ask to come along or something." She responds.

"Mom you deserve to take a break for yourself." I state.

"Thank you sweetie. Now I gotta get going or I'm going to be late. Love you." My mom declares as she gives me a kiss on the cheek before heading out the front door.

What should I do now?

I decided to give my painting some finish touches. I'm currently adding a darker green to the leaves in my painting when I hear a knock on my window. What the hell?

I walk over and open the curtain only to see Tyler standing on my deck outside my room. My eyes widen in surprise as he is looking at me with a weird look.

"Oh my gosh." I say as I open the door.

"One question, why?" I ask.

"Because I wanted to see your painting." He says simply as he walks into my room. He scans the area for my painting before walking over to look at it.

"Holy shit. It looks so good." He says, admiring it.

"Thank you but you know you didn't have to climb up through my window to see it. You could have knocked."

"What's the fun in that?" He asks as he sits down on my bed. What is he even doing?

"Yeah go ahead, make yourself at home." I state.

"I will thank you very much." I don't respond and instead go back to my painting.

"There isn't a car in your driveway." He says suddenly.

"Yeah my mom isn't home." I tell him. He nods his head in understanding.

"Do you have any snacks? I'm starving." Tyler whines.

"Yeah come on." I state, leading him downstairs.

Once we get into my kitchen, I look through the cabinet for some snacks. I grab out some goldfish and place it on the counter. He then grabs the whole bag and starts chomping down.

"You weren't lying when you said you were hungry." I state with a chuckle.

"Hey I gotta fuel my body. You think I'd be as strong as I was if I didn't have this appetite?" He asks cockily. I roll my eyes in response.

"How humble of you." I say, faking a smile.

"I try my best, just for you." He says. I then go over to my backyard and open the screen door as I head outside.

"It's too hot to be inside." I state. Tyler follows me in pursuit. I sit down by the side of the pool, dipping my feet in. Tyler sits down next to me, with the goldfish still right by his side

"I didn't know you had a pool." He says suddenly.

"Yeah well I haven't used it yet." I state. Swimming isn't exactly my thing. I know how to, I just hate swimming in pools.

"You have a pool and you've never swam in it?" He asks in a judgy tone. I guess that does sound a bit weird...

"Yeah well I never got around to it."