05- A Coronation most grand

For a full year, the treasury had been depleted in order to prepare for the coronation. Warwick and the Duke of Clarence were both furious, which greatly disturbed Mary because the king, queen, and her family were happy. Mary had noted that the Duke of Gloucester was a quiet boy who kept to himself and was devoted to his egotistical brother the king but an already accomplished knight.

She seldom ever spoke to either of the two royal dukes, the younger of whom was frequently at Middleham where they were trained and the elder of whom he despised her. Except for the somewhat elder sister of the king, Margaret, she was frequently by herself. When she wasn't in lesson or absorbed in a book, she would attend chapel. The king's personal priest observed her piety and commended her for it when she found a senior clergyman to instruct her further in the ways of the church.

She had developed much, was frequently spotted in court, and it was peculiar for her seven-year-old ears to hear court rumours. Without the kingmakers' knowledge, the king wed Lady Elizabeth Grey, the widow of a Lancastrian knight. Warwick's rage was unrelenting, and gossip abounded in the court. Young Mary was obviously bewildered when the new queen and her family arrived, and as the dowager duchess of York put it, she found herself taken under her wing immediately., "Before that shame of a noble woman Jacquetta Rivers takes you."Although Mary was politically astute for her age, she never spoke up since she didn't think anyone would listen to her.

The queen was a sight to behold like her sisters although she the most attractive. Golden hair cascaded down her back and her gowns were of the finest make although  uncrowned she was expecting and she was to be crowned before her delivery. She was given a new gown for the occasion a blue and gold damask with her hair pulled back in a half up braided style. Warwick looked as though swallowing poison when greeting the queen and the snub of Anne and Isabelle Neville it worried her. They rode in grand progress through the streets of London white rose petals reigned over them she rode by Anne Neville and her elder sister, Mary would never say it but she liked Anne better than the elder. She stood next to them as the queen was crowned and was enthusiastic in pledging allegiance to the radiant queen the gold of her gown glistening in the sun.

"God save the queen!"

That cry rang out through the grand halls of Westminster and at that moment Mary dreaded what the clearly angry Warwick and Clarence would do.