Ramirez x Juarez Family

Thank you so much to the top 20 gifters in KUMU!

This chapter is dedicated to:

alyrchives, lyaangela, elneyah, msviarye, 444klowi, intoelvii, limmpaulineeee, yannajuarace, only4clyden_, diorkobe, elaravaleria, kalixjacee, luna_aaa, vca_ellestellhayiro, marie_jygn, yorella, eyshenn, allforjaile, allforciankyle, sheriee

Follow me on KUMU: gwy.saludes for more sessions like this.

***

HIRO

"Avi, did you wake up your brothers already?" 

Avrielle came down the stairs with a towel on her neck while I was cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Yanna was busy preparing the food we will bring for the picnic with the Ramirez family. She said she wanted to bond with her best friend. I agreed. Hindi na sila masyadong nagkikita. They needed that. 

"Lai is already awake, Dad." Umupo si Avrielle sa dining, mukhang inaantok pa. She was probably studying all night. I pursed my lips and sighed. I felt bad for her. 

"Daddy! Nawawala 'yong toy ko!" I heard Leone shouting from his room. 

"Hiro, tawag ka," Yanna said while putting sandwiches inside the container. Abala siya at hindi man lang lumingon sa akin. 

I quickly served the pancakes on a big plate so Avrielle can already eat before quickly going to Leone's room, still wearing an apron. Napakunot ang noo ko nang makita siyang nakaupo sa sahig. Nakakalat lahat ng laruan niya dahil mukhang binaliktad niya 'yong box. 

"'Yong toy ko... 'Yong... 'Yong airplane, Daddy," he explained in his small voice.

"Yes, I know..." Tumingin ako sa paligid at nakita 'yong box sa ibabaw ng cabinet. I reached for it and gave it to him. It was out of his line of vision because he was a little boy. "Here it is!" I said, smiling. 

"Dad, have you seen my swimming trunks?! And... And my goggles! The new one!" Lai shouted from his room this time. 

I told Leone to take a shower already before leaving the room to go to his brother. Lai wasn't making a mess, thank heavens. He was just looking through the drawers, still calm. 

"Lai, nous obtenons la fin," I told him. It meant we were already getting late. I was constantly teaching all the kids to speak French so they would know a third language. Avrielle was already fluent in French while the other two were still learning. 

"Oui, je sais, but I haven't packed my things yet!" 

Lumapit ako at kinuha ang bag niya para tingnan kung ano ang laman. It was full of toys and no essentials. I went down to the laundry area because I remembered seeing his swimming trunks there. Nilagay ko 'yon sa bag niya.

"Your mom has all your goggles," I told him. "Go down and eat so we won't be late, okay?"