AUTHOR'S NOTE

THANK YOU FOR reading Where The Thorns Grow! This is an extremely late author's note, but shh. I'd like to start with the fact that I've published an misc. book called a flower and a sword, and you can find more information about the series there!

The Sable Spy, The White Fox and Where River Meets Sea are also becoming part of the Paid Stories programme, which is a very exciting opportunity for me!

But back to the point: I've set up this book since Hawk & Sable, in that scene when Rhys killed Hua Lin/Diego instead of letting him be interrogated or go to trial. Funny enough, I drafted that scene about five times in my notebook, one of the only scenes in any of my books that was majorly rewritten. The revelation that Rhys, loveable, snarky, powerful Rhys was the "traitor" rather than who everyone seemed to assume it was (Myrina), was great. And probably the greatest twist I'd ever written in my life. Not that I've written many.

And then I shoved that particular plot line into the back of the closet for around three books.

But finally we're here. Rhys' story. And, partially, a delve into the Imperial Chinese courtesan culture. And a brief dive into the Iron Wolves and other wiccai, though it'll be better explored, most likely in the City of Sins series that comes after.

Rhys has always been a joy to write, as well as the rest of the Iron Wolves, and I'm glad that I've finally completed her story for you all to read!

It might be a little while before Of Iron and Crowns is posted, since I'm currently busy writing for my YA fantasy WIP We Smile at the Moon (check it out! it's already posted!), but it should logically be coming in around September, since I'm also writing Justine's book right now.

Thank you so much for sticking with the Silk and Steel series! It's greatly appreciated and I love reading all your comments and opinions. It's been a real joy, see you all in the next book!