Chapter Fourteen

I stab a piece of stale bread with my finger. Crumbs scatter the floor around me, causing the captain to glare at me. His eyes dart from the crumbs, to my eyes. I read his sign language. Yeesh....I think he still wants me as his maid.

" Okay..okay.. I will sweep the deck 'till it's spotless. You can carry off to bed, ye lazy pirates. "

They smile sympathetically, and get up. They hand me the dishes, and I glare right at them.

"No, no,no,no! Just because I am a girl, doesn't mean I am your janitor for the rest of your bloody lives! You will clean your own dishes!"

They start to protest, but I put a finger to each of their lips. "'Ey! No whining! Do as you are told!" They look generally shocked, that I yelled at them. I smirk, and shoo them away with my hands.

"Lass, you got leadership skills." Captain complimented brightly, before grabbing his plates, and heading down to the kitchen area.

I grab the jewel encrusted dagger, and thrust it in the air.

"I AM A PIRATE! NO ONE CAN MESS WITH ME!" I yell out. My voice echoes.

The water stirs, and I shiver slightly.

The pirates yell from below, " GOODNIGHT SPARKY! DONT LET THE SHARKS BITE."

I look out on the deck. Nothing happens. Everyone is calm, until a giant sea serpent shoots out of the water.

I let out a scream, and cut off the Serpent's tenticals.

The serpent's blood, covers me from head to toe. I scowl, and pounce on top of it, rolling, trying to cut its throat. The idiot rolls on top of me, and poises its fangs, close to my throat. I dig the sword in its chest, and it lets out an outraged scream. It dies on top of me. I kick the corpse off of me and it splashes into the sea with a huge splash.

I wipe my bloody hand across my bloody face, leaving smears of blood. I close my eyes, hoping this adventure could end sometime soon. Going to the Western Isles seems dangerous.

*****************************

" WHAT THE BLOODY HELL HAPPENED TO YOU?" A voice screams in my ear.

I get up, rub my eyes, with sticky hands, and sigh.

" Captain, while you lazy butts were sleeping, a serpent monster attacked me. Be glad I saved your ship."

He looks at me amazed.

" You took out a serpent monster?! Wow... I never knew a girl could be so strong," He looks amused.

"You dont  amuse me. I suggest you go eat breakfast," I nod my head.

"Hey. You are not going to lead the gang. I am. You better watch your mouth, otherwise you might become the sea serpent's dinner," He yells.

"Well...if I am going to become a sea serpent's dinner, I suggest you don't make smart comments about women. I honestly don't care! Go ahead, throw me in! You will be so sorry, once you realize that you need me."

"Just get out of my sight," He spat. He stalks off, and grabs some ale, before chugging it down.

I grimace at his foul behavior. The idiot. It's going to be a while of siting with drunken pirates.